[fixed] No input after installing G-Sync kit

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Zr40

[fixed] No input after installing G-Sync kit

Post by Zr40 » 23 Jan 2014, 17:56

I've just installed the G-Sync DIY kit according to the instructions, however, it doesn't work. The screen shows a 'No Input Detected' message in a red-bordered box. I can access the G-Sync's OSD, and the brightness controls work fine, though.

I can't figure out what's wrong -- any ideas? (Yes, of course it's plugged in and the PC is turned on.)

Zr40

Re: No input after installing G-Sync kit

Post by Zr40 » 23 Jan 2014, 18:06

...as it turns out, the DisplayPort cable wasn't fully inserted into the monitor, even though it 'clicked' when I plugged it in. It's working now that I've re-inserted the cable.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: [fixed] No input after installing G-Sync kit

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 Jan 2014, 18:20

Zr40 wrote:...as it turns out, the DisplayPort cable wasn't fully inserted into the monitor, even though it 'clicked' when I plugged it in. It's working now that I've re-inserted the cable.
Excellent -- glad it was as simple as reconnecting the DisplayPort cable!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!