G-sync doesnt work properly anymore.

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Fonzie

G-sync doesnt work properly anymore.

Post by Fonzie » 14 Aug 2015, 14:05

So i dont really know what has happened, as this seems really bizarre.
G-sync doesnt work as properly intended anymore, i get the lack of screen tearing, but if my framerate isnt a variable of the max refresh rate i get judder from the framerate not being in-sync, which is one of the benefits from G-sync, i havent used it in over a month but it used to work AMAZINGLY for games like Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider, now it doesnt work atall, i get the lack of screen tearing but now it isnt even smooth reaching the max refresh rate.

Happens on every game, i have no idea what to do to fix it, the only thing i have noticed as of lately is the fact that my screen flickers a fair bit on some blank pages at the bottom, but no idea on that.

I run the Acer 27" 1920x1080 G-sync Monitor. an i7 4790k @4.5ghz, x2 GTX 970, 16GB Hyper X and x2 1TB SSD x1 250GB SSD (850 pro)

Anyone have any idea what is up, maybe it is Windows 10 or? Id love to start using g-sync properly again.

(It happens if SLi is turned on or off. Or even uninstalled the second card)

lexlazootin

Re: G-sync doesnt work properly anymore.

Post by lexlazootin » 15 Aug 2015, 03:39

I'm sorry I don't understand. is it because you have vsync forced in the driver maybe?

Fonzie

Post by Fonzie » 15 Aug 2015, 16:33

lexlazootin wrote:I'm sorry I don't understand. is it because you have vsync forced in the driver maybe?
I basically get the problem where no matter my fps, the game pans stuttery like it would do if you had an uneven framerate below the max refresh rate.

Basically, g-sync is buggered and i havent a clue to fix it...

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 16 Aug 2015, 03:54

It's probably something really small and dumb. Turn off gsync on the montior and the driver and then back on again, also maybe download the nvidia driver and use the "Clean install" checkbox when installing it to wipe all custom settings.

Fonzie

Post by Fonzie » 16 Aug 2015, 17:08

lexlazootin wrote:It's probably something really small and dumb. Turn off gsync on the montior and the driver and then back on again, also maybe download the nvidia driver and use the "Clean install" checkbox when installing it to wipe all custom settings.
Going to give that a try as overnight the problems gotten completely broken.
Every game now runs at 2-3 frames per second whenever gsync is activated, and stutters completely. It's completely broken for me now.

phpBB [video]

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 16 Aug 2015, 23:28

Wow, i've never seen or heard of that happening. If what i recommended doesn't work maybe take your monitor too another system with a nvidia gpu to see if it has anything to do with it being a defective unit.

Luck100

Post by Luck100 » 17 Aug 2015, 05:41

When was the last time G-sync was working for you? Before you upgraded to Windows 10?

Fonzie

Post by Fonzie » 17 Aug 2015, 06:58

Fortunatly for me i have a second rig, a guest rig, not as powerful but still great enough to run games, i7 2600 @ 3.4, 8GB Samsung Green, GTX 680 Power Edition etc.

And it works on there just fine, no issues, so it is definitely an issue somewhere in this rig, the old rig still runs Windows 7. Different chipset and mobo etc.

But the moment i turn off g-sync on my main rig that issue happens again, so we definitely know its somewhere in my rig driver wise doing this, so im going to do complete driver wipes today hopefully.

Joolsyz

Post by Joolsyz » 17 Aug 2015, 10:58

I had the same issue on certain games but not all quite a few drivers back, rolled back and everything was fine again. Can't remember when i had the issue. It was eventually fixed for me via one of the driver updates a month or so later.

Could be like you say something to do with your set up and windows 10, have you tried many other games to see if the problem persists?

Fonzie

Post by Fonzie » 17 Aug 2015, 12:07

Joolsyz wrote:I had the same issue on certain games but not all quite a few drivers back, rolled back and everything was fine again. Can't remember when i had the issue. It was eventually fixed for me via one of the driver updates a month or so later.

Could be like you say something to do with your set up and windows 10, have you tried many other games to see if the problem persists?
Happens to me on every game my man/my woman.
Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, Half Life, Shadows of Mordor, GTA5, no game is safe!