G-Sync menu question [SLI]

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Nealb90

Re: G-Sync menu question

Post by Nealb90 » 26 Jan 2014, 21:43

They actually seem a bit lower. I'll have to do some testing and see how it differs if I disable SLI

sharknice

Post by sharknice » 26 Jan 2014, 22:09

Do you know if it is for sure using SLI, sometimes the nvidia 3D settings settings don't always work.
If you have a second screen you could monitor the GPU usage on it and see if both are actually being used.

Nealb90

Post by Nealb90 » 26 Jan 2014, 22:25

It is for sure using SLI. I always monitor my temps and usage percent in the upper left corner.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Jan 2014, 22:44

Nealb90 wrote:They actually seem a bit lower. I'll have to do some testing and see how it differs if I disable SLI
I am interested in this data, too. Let us know!

Also, have you tried ULMB? Especially press the button while viewing www.testufo.com/photo .... With two titans, you can play a lot of games at strobe-worthy frame rates. Try the grappling hooks on the rails in bioshock infinite - looks real nice using ULMB + VSYNC ON. Less dizzying without the motion blur. That said, GSYNC vs ULMB is a personal preference, with GSYNC gaining favor at lower/stuttery frame rates, and ULMB becoming more useful during fast games running high/consistent frame rates.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Nealb90

Re: G-Sync menu question [SLI]

Post by Nealb90 » 26 Jan 2014, 22:54

Ok I just installed it yesterday. I'll run some tests and see what works better for specific types of games. Because I have 2 titans I can certainly maintain high refresh rates so maybe the ULMB setting could benefit my system a bit more.

Shabutie

Post by Shabutie » 26 Jan 2014, 23:46

I'm going to Install mine tomorrow. I have dual 780's, so I should be able to get some stats too.

annisman

Post by annisman » 03 Mar 2014, 00:37

Hmmm my OSD is not saying GSYNC mode in games either, it just says NORMAL, halp ? I don't have SLI just one Titan.