Which BenQ to buy? BenQ XL2420G or others

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Gamepwn0r

Which BenQ to buy? BenQ XL2420G or others

Post by Gamepwn0r » 30 Dec 2015, 06:03

Hi, I manily play CS:GO but want a TN monitor that is good for other things as well in case I want to play other games in the future, but I don't want to spend way more than I need. I want the best input lag/response time and

BenQ XL2420G is 1 I am considering, I can get 1 for about $390.

OTHERS:
BenQ XL2430T - looks to be good after color settings are changed - $290
BenQ XL2420Z - solid monitor but I am favoring the 2430 - $300
BenQ XL2720Z - I have heard 27's have more input lag, also I don't think I need this big and Id rather buy the 2420G than spend - $360

Does G-Sync increase input lag/response time like I have read some places? And if so by very much? Is it even worth me buying the 2420G if I am not playing many newer games that use the technology? I don't mind spending extra if it is worth it, but if it going to be worse for CSGO and I do not need it I will go with the 2430T, I have heard some ppl say the G is great for CSGO and some say it is worse or not worth it so I wanted to ask people that actually KNOW how the monitors work and aren't just spewing BS opinions.

Main concerns:
1. input lag
2. price (id rather buy a mechanical keyboard and save $100 unless the 2420G is really best then I will buy it and wait for keys)
3. colors (I have heard these all can be adjusted so out of the box settings aren't that important and I imagine most of these can be calibrated to look pretty similar, but if 1 has way better tech and meets my needs LMK)

TLDR: I am basically torn between the 2430T and 2420G unless someone gives me a reason to buy something else. Wondering if I need GSync and if it decreases performance.

THANK YOU! And Happy Holidays =)

lexlazootin

Re: Which BenQ to buy? BenQ XL2420G or others

Post by lexlazootin » 30 Dec 2015, 06:51

>I want the best input lag/response time

Well all of these monitors are pretty much have 1~ms difference from each other so they are all good.

>Does G-Sync increase input lag/response

If setup correctly (Having your fps capped at 140 in CSGO) there is pretty much no difference.

>I am not playing many newer games that use the technology?

Pretty much every game can use GSync.

>Is G-Sync worth it?

My opinion is god yes! i love playing CS:GO with g-sync. No more screen tears and my fps is caped too 140 so my GPU doesn't have to run 100% all the time playing CS:GO. Playing games like Fallout 4 is smooth as butter.