Gsync overscan

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
frankzotynia10

Gsync overscan

Post by frankzotynia10 » 13 Feb 2014, 14:30

Anyone having overscan issues on the Asus vg248qe? It doesn't seem to be an issue in game but with desktop usage its slightly cut off on the top of the screen. Oddly enough, screenshots look fine. i cropped the second picture to show everyone what i'm getting.

Overscan/top screen cut off

Direct links with zoom
http://imgur.com/c4EOKS3
http://imgur.com/GnGZsq9

nimbulan

Re: Gsync overscan

Post by nimbulan » 13 Feb 2014, 14:37

Is there an equivalent black margin at the bottom of the screen when it does that? I did have the screen lose alignment after quitting a game once and the whole picture shifted down by 15 pixels or so. Turning the monitor off and on again fixed it.

frankzotynia10

Post by frankzotynia10 » 13 Feb 2014, 14:40

no black margin. its odd because the bottom of the screen looks normal. Turning off and on does not solve it. I also messed around with adjust desktop size and position task in the Nvidia control panel switch between aspect, full and no scaling. No luck. If i use resize, i can get the top of the screen within view but it bring up the bottom of the screen.

GhostOrange

Post by GhostOrange » 18 Feb 2014, 16:56

frankzotynia10 wrote:no black margin. its odd because the bottom of the screen looks normal. Turning off and on does not solve it. I also messed around with adjust desktop size and position task in the Nvidia control panel switch between aspect, full and no scaling. No luck. If i use resize, i can get the top of the screen within view but it bring up the bottom of the screen.
You can adjust this w/your scaling options in the Nvidia drivers.

There are also screen adjustment options to manually scale the screen.