[Bug?] Drivers forgetting I have a G-sync display

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
nimbulan

[Bug?] Drivers forgetting I have a G-sync display

Post by nimbulan » 13 Feb 2014, 14:41

The first time I thought it was a fluke but it just happened again. I started a game, noticed some stuttering and tearing so I check the monitor OSD and G-sync is not enabled. In the control panel the vsync behavior has been changed back to default and G-sync is no longer an option, like I don't have a G-sync display attached. I have to reboot to fix it. Has anyone else experienced this?

ManuelG_NVIDIA

Re: [Bug?] Drivers forgetting I have a G-sync display

Post by ManuelG_NVIDIA » 13 Feb 2014, 15:25

Have you tried reinstalling the driver with clean install? Can you give me your system specs to see if we can reproduce here?
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread.

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 13 Feb 2014, 16:55

ManuelG_NVIDIA wrote:Have you tried reinstalling the driver with clean install? Can you give me your system specs to see if we can reproduce here?
I actually already sent you system information to check into the tearline problem I've been having. Here are the links again: DXdiag, nVidia System Info
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel Core i5-4670k @4GHz
GTX 760
8 GB RAM

I'll try a clean install with the new beta driver but it may be a while before I can confirm if that fixed anything or not since it has only happened twice in about a month.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 13 Feb 2014, 17:28

(Idea: Maybe re-run DXdiag and nVidia System Information again the next time you see this happens?)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 22 Feb 2014, 02:47

It just happened again. I noticed that G-sync wasn't functioning while playing a game and G-sync is not available in the control panel. This is the first game I've launched today, but I believe G-sync was functioning was a video player earlier in the day. Here are the new DXdiag and nVidia System Info

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 22 Feb 2014, 21:30

Quick update: I left my computer on overnight with the monitors turned off. Today, G-sync is working again. I'm pretty sure I tried power cycling the monitor the first time this happened so I'm not sure what to think at this point.

PiERiT

Post by PiERiT » 09 Mar 2014, 18:48

This has happened to me as well. It happened once a couple weeks ago and I didn't think much of it, but it's happened twice so far today.
Last edited by PiERiT on 09 Mar 2014, 21:09, edited 6 times in total.

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 09 Mar 2014, 19:02

PiERiT wrote:This has happened to me as well. It happened once a couple weeks ago and I didn't think much of it, but it's happened twice so far today.
I'm up to 4 or 5 times now? At least that I've noticed.

PiERiT

Post by PiERiT » 09 Mar 2014, 21:09

nimbulan wrote:
PiERiT wrote:This has happened to me as well. It happened once a couple weeks ago and I didn't think much of it, but it's happened twice so far today.
I'm up to 4 or 5 times now? At least that I've noticed.
I'm running a different OS and card than you, so I don't think the problem is with those. Might be the drivers?

Windows 8 x64
GTX 780

annisman

Post by annisman » 24 Mar 2014, 15:24

Just thought I'd add my name to the list too. This happened to me a few minutes ago. I was playing a game for an hour or so, when I noticed my display flicker or change colors or something, it was something that made me stop for a split second. So I hit my OSD and it said 'normal' mode instead of 'gsync'.

I then went to the Nvidia Control Panel and like magic, the option for use Gsync was gone, so was the set up Gsync tab. A reboot brought everything back to normal. Any idea on what this is guys ?

My driver is 334.89 and I've had it installed for a few weeks now no problems.

Specs: GTX Titan, 3930K, 16GB Ram, 650ti set as Phsyx