[Bug?] Drivers forgetting I have a G-sync display

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Zhyr

Re: [Bug?] Drivers forgetting I have a G-sync display

Post by Zhyr » 23 Sep 2014, 01:47

Still happening after a clean install of 344.11 drivers.

I'm wondering if it's something to do with power saving settings since it only does it after I've been away from the computer long enough for the monitors to go to sleep.

GameLifter

Post by GameLifter » 24 Sep 2014, 11:53

Zhyr wrote:Still happening after a clean install of 344.11 drivers.

I'm wondering if it's something to do with power saving settings since it only does it after I've been away from the computer long enough for the monitors to go to sleep.
Could be. I haven't had the issue in quite a while. Since getting the 344.11 drivers all the issues I was having with G-sync have gone away. There is a new beta driver out there (344.16) but it's main use is to fix the compatibility issues with the GTX 970. It might be worth a shot if you run out of things to try

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 24 Sep 2014, 11:55

GameLifter wrote:Since getting the 344.11 drivers all the issues I was having with G-sync have gone away.
What other issues were you having with G-sync?

GameLifter

Post by GameLifter » 24 Sep 2014, 12:52

nimbulan wrote:
GameLifter wrote:Since getting the 344.11 drivers all the issues I was having with G-sync have gone away.
What other issues were you having with G-sync?
I was getting a lot of stuttering in games when looking with the mouse. In Crysis 3 and Tomb Raider, using a controller to look wouldn't cause the stuttering movement. Now using the mouse is fine. I discussed the issue in more detail in this thread: http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1301