Blur Busters Forums

Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™ Skip to content

RTSS vs in-engine framerate capping

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.

Re: RTSS vs in-engine framerate capping

Postby jorimt » 30 Jun 2017, 19:54

tygeezy wrote:Okay, I should really go through the entire article from cover to cover before I come back with more questions. Thanks for answering everything I've thrown your guys way and I appreciate all the work you guys have out in. There are tons of false information that seems to float around forums and reddit regarding vsync, gsync ect.

I'm glad it's not just me that gets these random frametime spikes. Although cs go (source engine) appears to be a particularly bad offender. Overwatch is really a lot smoother and more consistent with a better framerate capper. It is newer, so I guess that's to be expected.

Sure thing, I'll be happy to answer any follow-up questions you might have after you read through the series more thoroughly.
Blur Busters Contributor - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter!
jorimt

Previous

Return to G-SYNC