G-Sync causes monitor to turn on and off,

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
idred

G-Sync causes monitor to turn on and off,

Post by idred » 04 Jan 2018, 17:31

I have the Acer Predator Acer Predator XB272.

It worked fine for a month then all of a sudden when I went to play any games the monitor will turn off for a few seconds, back on again for a second, then back off for 3 seconds and keep repeating this cycle until I exit the game. I can't seem to fix the problem and nothing I did caused the problem, like new nvidia drivers.

If I turn off G-Sync everything is fine.

I was able to find one other person by googling with a Gsync monitor (an X34 100hz) complain about this same issue.

Since I bought the monitor new I also sometimes had an issue with a line down the center of the screen which made the left side of the screen not line up perfectly with the right side. It seems other Gsync monitors had this issue when googling it. It only did it sometimes and turning the monitor on and off fixed it. Basically the left side of the screen was very slightly misaligned (1mm) with the right side.

Any ideas on what I could do? Is this an issue with my 1080ti video card or Acer 240hz monitor?

Thanks

lexlazootin

Re: G-Sync causes monitor to turn on and off,

Post by lexlazootin » 04 Jan 2018, 17:38

It could be a shitty cable not making a proper connection but it does sound like your monitor is pooped it :\

idred

Post by idred » 04 Jan 2018, 17:39

lexlazootin wrote:It could be a shitty cable not making a proper connection but it does sound like your monitor is pooped it :\
If this was the case wouldn't it have done this from the beginning?

I tried changing refresh to 60hz and this did not fix anything.

open

Post by open » 04 Jan 2018, 18:44

It has a very low chance of working but try gently moving the cable around.

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 04 Jan 2018, 18:53

Idk, you can try new drivers or new card if you have a spare around but i've never heard of this issue.

daggertx

Post by daggertx » 05 Jan 2018, 19:52

I had the same problem, and I think cable length was the issue. Switched to a shorter DP cable and it started working normally.

idred

Post by idred » 06 Jan 2018, 12:27

So what I did was I decided to was use DDU a driver uninstaller and try an older driver 385.69 for my 1080ti and now it seems to work. I
then put the new driver back on, or the one I was using with the problem and it works right now.

While I can't tell if GSYNC is on or not to be honest as I really see or feel no difference in overwatch with my 1080ti, in the monitor on screen display settings it says GSYNC when on and Normal when off, so GSYNC is ON.

Any ideas on what could be going on? Does this mean my monitor is most likely fine?

I can return the monitor up to Jan 31st, but I don't want to do that.