32" (VA panel?) monitor >60Hz

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
horsey

32" (VA panel?) monitor >60Hz

Post by horsey » 04 Feb 2018, 13:28

I'm looking for a monitor as the title says. I don't care if it's Gsync or Freesync, I'm just looking for 32" and >60Hz. The most important thing I'm looking for is 178 degree vertical viewing angles (I'll be using this monitor for dance gaming, so it's very important that offcentre viewing angles are good. I came across this Samsung monitor, but it's curved, which I'd never want for my usecase. Thanks for any help!

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/mo ... g70qqnxza/

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: 32" (VA panel?) monitor >60Hz

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Feb 2018, 17:02

Unfortunately, it is very hard to find non-curved "Better Than 60Hz" monitors bigger 32" unless you want to use a HDTV television with the 120Hz trick, or the BFGD.

However, if you don't mind ultrawides, these are non-curved with great viewing angles:

LG 34UM67 - 34" 2560x1080 IPS 75Hz FreeSync
LG 34UM68-P - 34" 2560x1080 IPS 75Hz FreeSync

Alas, only 75Hz, and height is fairly narrow. If you are willing to tolerate curved, there's a lot more options

An additional upcoming option is the Big Format G-SYNC Display, a low-latency 65" 4K 120Hz display that would be ideal for your needs.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

horsey

Post by horsey » 04 Feb 2018, 17:33

Looking around I've found

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... 00A2-00001

and

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-32GK85 ... ng-monitor

with the LG monitor being a whole 2x more expensive than the other one. I'm probably going to sit on the AMH panel for a while until I save up for the panel and the computer I'll need to upgrade to. Unfortunately ultrawide displays are cool, and could work, but it'd be a considerable amount of my time and effort adding ultrawide support to Stepmania for just myself to use it (the general DDR/Stepmania community sticks to 16:9 and 4:3). Thanks for the help.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Feb 2018, 23:33

Yes, good catch -- this monitor just only became available on January 8th, 2018 on Amazon:

LG 32GK850G - 31.5" 2560x1440 VA 165Hz G-SYNC

Yes, I can understand -- ultrawides are not always supported by all genres of games.
I do see bigger official high-Hz displays on the horizon, as well.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 05 Feb 2018, 10:10

Some games can be patched at runtime to support ultrawide (or surround.) One tool I'm aware of is this:

http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org

There may be others too.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.