Glossy screen with GSync

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Glossy screen with GSync

Post by RealNC » 16 Feb 2018, 23:49

Also, make sure to read our G-Sync tweaking articles:

https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync ... -settings/

Especially the "fps limiter" sections. When you configure g-sync correctly, this monitor is just plain amazing for games!
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

lossofmercy

Post by lossofmercy » 17 Feb 2018, 02:54

I have never had that color point shift before with other displays. Why is that?

lossofmercy

Post by lossofmercy » 17 Feb 2018, 10:06

Ok, frustrating problem. Monitor refuses to display image after boot up. (Ie, works for mobo, but refuses to work afterward). Works with HDMI.
Last edited by lossofmercy on 17 Feb 2018, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.

lossofmercy

Post by lossofmercy » 17 Feb 2018, 10:27

https://evert.meulie.net/2015/01/25/no- ... yport-fix/
The 1st set of 3rd party cables I returned because I thought they were defective. As replacement I ordered 2 different DP-cables. When both of those didn’t work for me either, I resorted to Google for answers. And that’s how I found the solution: Unplug your screens for a minute from the mains! (Merely turning them off/on won’t do the trick. Apparently there’s one/more capacitor(s) which needs to fully discharge.

Since I don’t want to go through the hassle of physically unplugging my screens between use, I enabled the EcoControl feature on the UPS to which the PC is connected. As soon as it notices the PC (master) is switched off, it cuts the electricity to the screens (slaves).
Is this true? That should be in bold letters somewhere.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 17 Feb 2018, 17:44

I don't think that's true. Works fine here :-/
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

lossofmercy

Post by lossofmercy » 17 Feb 2018, 20:16

Some weird behaviors of this screen:

a) There is a weird parallel vertical green bars on some sections of the screen, and only happens some of the time. Seems to happen near blacks, but I have even seen it even on chrome tabs. Average frame rate for the game is around 28-30 (although it's pretty smooth to be fair). Monitor is overclocked to 120hz. Happened a lot when the game hit 120hz in cutscenes.

b) I can never restart the computer on display port. I have to restart on HDMI and THEN shift over to display port once windows starts up. I also can't seem to disconnect the displayport after bootup and then reconnect HDMI. I have to fully restart my computer. This is really annoying because I can't tell if windows is doing an update, and you shouldn't force a restart in that scenario. But because it happens after motherboard sequence is done, I think it might be some kind of driver configuration.

c) Blacklight bleed, but this was expected. Annoying, but still expected.

The screen itself, if it didn't have those issues, is good.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Feb 2018, 21:11

(1) Parallel vertical green bars -- Are they at random locations?

(2) You can't restart your computer on DisplayPort?

I am wondering if there's a defect involved.

Can you test a DisplayPort restart on a different computer (even a laptop)?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

lossofmercy

Post by lossofmercy » 17 Feb 2018, 21:32

1) They aren't consistent, but I notice them the most in the center (obviously). Wish I took a video. They seem to be random in the center.

2) Maybe, but I don't think I have a DP available . Unfortunately, I realistically only have tomorrow to do any testing for the next week... and I really don't want to be in front of my computer tomorrow.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 17 Feb 2018, 23:48

This sounds like you got a defective unit.

lossofmercy

Post by lossofmercy » 17 Feb 2018, 23:56

Yeah, it sounds like it.

So I went ahead and updated to my latest nvidia driver and downloaded the latest monitor firmware from the website. Still can't get display port to display anything on restart after the mobo/bios screens. That one problem makes this screen infuriating.

I found out my laptop does have a mDP... so I am tempted to check it out. but I don't think this is a valid test because it does have it's own screen while my PC will not.