[Rocket League] Need tips for best setup with ASUS PG258Q

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
RealNC
Site Admin

Re: [Rocket League] Need tips for best setup with ASUS PG258

Post by RealNC » 02 Oct 2018, 07:44

What happens if you uncap the frame rate in-game, and use RTSS instead?
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Aze

Post by Aze » 03 Oct 2018, 16:43

vital84 wrote: I try using G-Sync on rocket league but i have micro stutters and less tearing . i dont no why ?

my monitor have G-sync 144hz from Asus

Nvidia Settings:
G-sync on
V-sync on

Ingame Settings :

V-sync OFF
Frame Cap @ 141 FPS

i dont no why the game run smoother without Gsync @ 250 FPS
i try disconnect my 2nd Monitor close other programms how Discord , Chrome etc. but nothing help
the game dont run smooth with G-Sync i cant understand why
I am in a very similar situation, except I'm using Freesync. RX 480, XG 2401.

Running without Freesync or Vsync, at 250fps, the game is stutter free, but the visual smoothness is noticeably worse than it is at sub 144 FPS with Freesync.

With the solution that seems so promising...Freesync + AMD Vsync + In-game 141 fps, the visual quality is perfect, and I don't see any tearing, but it definitely stutters. I think these stutters occur whenever the framerate dips below the frame cap, but I can't be positive.
RealNC wrote:What happens if you uncap the frame rate in-game, and use RTSS instead?
I tried this, it actually seemed to make the stutter worse. Freesync on, AMD Vsync on, In-game Vsync off, In-game FPS=250, RTSS FPS = 141.

vital84

Post by vital84 » 04 Oct 2018, 06:21

RealNC wrote:What happens if you uncap the frame rate in-game, and use RTSS instead?

if I'm uncapping with G-Sync. it works quite well as without Gsync at 250 uncap , i dont try RTSS