G-Sync Woes - Green artifacts and stuttering video

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
ultima786

G-Sync Woes - Green artifacts and stuttering video

Post by ultima786 » 16 Mar 2018, 16:49

Hi all,

Really struggling here with two issues playing Final Fantasy XV.

1. Using drivers 390.01 or 390.05, I get weird-green artifacts in the lighter parts of the screen when using g-sync. It only happens when g-sync is on. See these pictures (They aren't FFXV, nor are they mine, but they are the exact same issue).

If i roll back all the way back to driver 388.71 the problem goes away. Any tips?

2. No matter what driver I use, I get weird, stuttery playback from full-motion video cutscenes (not in-game cutscenes). It's almost as if the the video isnt playing at the right FPS. If I turn off g-sync, the problem goes away or improves dramatically. SOmeone told me it's because I was using an external FPS limited. However, I tried both Special K Mod to limit FPS, and I tried the internal FPS limit, and no limits at all, and the probelm seemed to persist (but of course, if I used no limit, then g-sync wouldn't really work because it would be playing faster than my monitor refresh rate of 60 hz).

Really struggling here, would appreciate guidance!

Specs: Powerspec 1510, g-sync laptop monitor, gtx-1070, i7-7700hq

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: G-Sync Woes - Green artifacts and stuttering video

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Mar 2018, 19:10

Hmmm... 388.71 fixes it?

Yeah, it's probably a driver bug.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!