G sync vs repeating frames.

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
SAMURAIWARRIOR13

Re: G sync vs repeating frames.

Post by SAMURAIWARRIOR13 » 25 Mar 2018, 13:17

As y'all can probably tell i'm still a noob at all of this so keep that in mind for this next question,
go through VRR-powered-dejittering via refresh-cycle-offsetting
Umm..what is that lol.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Mar 2018, 09:51

SAMURAIWARRIOR13 wrote:As y'all can probably tell i'm still a noob at all of this so keep that in mind for this next question,
go through VRR-powered-dejittering via refresh-cycle-offsetting
Umm..what is that lol.
Sorry, some technical programming stuff. Needless to say, it will require additional software that is coming out in 3Q. I've come up with a way to de-jitter 3:2 pulldown via pulldown detection + using a VRR trick.

That said, if you like frame interpolation, try https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Main_Page
That is available today, although it doesn't work on Netflix.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

SAMURAIWARRIOR13

Post by SAMURAIWARRIOR13 » 26 Mar 2018, 13:11

Interesting info,
I don't think stutter will be that bad at 24fps at 120hz but the I will still check out the software when it comes out.
I could also try to get g sync to work with the netflix and hulu apps for windows 10.
Another question,
do all web browsers natively play a 24fps at 24fps and doesn't apply any kind of pulldown affect?
As for the added frame interpolation I will test it out but I usually don't like stuff like that.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Mar 2018, 15:49

For web-browser-based playback of video --
24fps at 60Hz will be more stuttery than 24fps at 120Hz. The bonus of 120Hz is that it's evenly divisible by 24 and divisible by 60. I'd surprisingly recommend FireFox though as it has better framepacing for HTML-embedded videos at the moment.

That said, 24fps at 24Hz looks the same as 24fps at 120Hz, for well-frame-paced video, on a sample-and-hold display. On such displays like LCD displays, short repeat-refresh cycles look identical to one longer refresh cycle.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

SAMURAIWARRIOR13

Post by SAMURAIWARRIOR13 » 26 Mar 2018, 16:38

Is there a comparison between different web browsers and even the apps that are used to stream videos?
Like for example, Chrome playing netflix vs the netflix app on windows 10?

SAMURAIWARRIOR13

Post by SAMURAIWARRIOR13 » 26 Mar 2018, 20:38

Yet another question I have lol,
when does the 3:2 pulldown effect happen?
Does it happen at a driver level?
Does it happen at a software level?
And how can I control the pulldown effect not to happen or happen?
Also you really helped me out a lot of these concepts :D