Acer Predator X27

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
lossofmercy

Acer Predator X27

Post by lossofmercy » 12 Jun 2018, 21:06

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YCldvmZ6QA&app=desktop

Interesting review. I think the biggest criticism here is the adaptive brightness not being smooth. And the backlight bleed on letterboxed movies being a problem.

It's kind of a shame Acer didn't think about the placement of the heatsink and fan with a Vesa mount.

lossofmercy

Re: Acer Predator X27

Post by lossofmercy » 12 Jun 2018, 23:17

I would point out that he keeps saying that there are very nice TVs you can get for that price. And you can. The problem is those TVs do not have GSYNC. And they are also not truly 144hz. I also don't think you can get 4:4:4 on those TVs.

The use of a fan is not a big issue, the problem is that it gets blocked when on a VESA mount. Crying because they used a fan is kinda like crying that a motorbike that produces 150+hp has different needs when compared to a scooter. It's completely missing the point.

I do think there are legitimate complaints on there. Acer shouldn't be cheaping out on materials with a monitor this expensive. The heatsink design needs some rethinking. I am not sure if they can fix the issue FALD, but it does sound annoying. However, the internet is up in arms about this enthusiast monitor, so I want to defend it.

haanuman

Re: Acer Predator X27

Post by haanuman » 27 Jun 2018, 03:27

I have seen people argue about the price point and the heat. I still don't understand how could Acer do such a mistake with it. If they come up with a better version of this product and at a lower price then it would be certainly selling a lot.