gsync mouse stutter and tearing pg258q

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
ahmedpc03

gsync mouse stutter and tearing pg258q

Post by ahmedpc03 » 24 Jun 2018, 02:08

hi

i dont have an idea if my monitor gsync working well or not

i have the asus pg258q
my graphics card is evga gtx 1070 ftw

the red led for the monitor is working seems gsync is on

iam facing stuttering and tearing in games, seems like gsync is not working well

my mouse cursor is stuttering also and iam feeling its affecting my gameplay

i tried alot of things

when i enable v sync from the nvidia control panel, the tearing is gone but still there is micro stuttering from time to time in my mouse movement.

any idea if my monitor is affected or my graphic card

how to check the gsync is working well or not

my driver is up to date

iam using the logitech g502

sorry for my bad eng.

need help please

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: gsync mouse stutter and tearing pg258q

Post by RealNC » 24 Jun 2018, 02:30

You should read the G-Sync 101 article on how to set up g-sync:

https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync ... -settings/

The "Optimal G-SYNC Settings" section of the article will tell you what settings to use, but reading all sections is recommended to better understand G-Sync.

As for the mouse cursor, it will stutter in many cases with g-sync, because now the cursor is tied to the frame rate. In many games, the mouse cursor is not rendered by the game, but by Windows, and it's always running at the monitor refresh. Even if the game runs at 80FPS, if the monitor runs at 144Hz, the mouse cursor moves at 144FPS. With g-sync, this is no longer the case. In games that switch to 30FPS when you open menu screens (many games do that), your mouse cursor will run at 30FPS too. This cannot be avoided.

Furthermore, g-sync results in short FPS stalls when the game drops to 0FPS. This happens when you open menus, after loading screens, etc. G-Sync needs time to recover from that, and this is visible in the mouse cursor.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.