Fortnite Settings - ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q 240Hz

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Fortnite Settings - ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q 240Hz

Post by RealNC » 12 Aug 2018, 06:10

sharknice wrote:That means they're exceeding the cap and you need to lower it.
It seems you can get tearing even if you cap your FPS to something like 90 on a 165Hz monitor. This seems to generally happen more often the higher GPU or perhaps CPU utilization gets. I'm not sure which one is affecting it more. If a game already goes near 100% GPU or CPU at 90FPS, it doesn't make sense to cap FPS even further. It makes more sense to just make sure vsync is ON.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Krispy

Post by Krispy » 23 May 2019, 15:21

Figured out the solution to this, its only somewhat recently been discovered by 3rd parties to allow Fortnite to use all available cores in your processor. And now Fortnite has it in a setting in game, so if anyone else had this issue be sure to turn that setting on in game (it's new and off by default)

Basically like what was said in the thread, before my single core speed was what mattered the most and I guess the latest update allow it to use the cores equally.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 May 2019, 16:47

Some games have highly erratic framerate limiters.

1/165sec = 6ms
1/90sec = 11ms

Instead of a framerate limtier outputting consistent (6ms,6ms,6ms,6ms,6ms) frame interval times, it's possible a game will output a series similar to: (6ms,20ms,4ms,6ms,8ms,20ms,4ms,6ms) etc. Basically using short frametimes to catch up on those long frametimes, to try to maintain the same average frame rate. Unfortunately those "fast frametimes" are the torn frames during VRR+VSYNC OFF combos.

Frame rate cappers that are VRR-friendly ideally should not let frametimes become less than a refresh cycle, but such algorithms can be harder to lag-free, since the best way to go about things is to delay until reading inputread+render (doesn't add lag). Rather than doing an inputread+render followed by a delay before presentation (adds lag).

I'm not surprised how low framerate caps can still show tearing with VRR + VSYNC OFF in those particular situations.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

cybersavasci

Post by cybersavasci » 06 Apr 2020, 07:43

Hello im from germany

I have understood that correctly

Gsync on - vsync off - caps to 237 236 fps in game

what about low latency mode ? to ultra or off pls help me thank you .