ASUS PG258Q

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Adept4k

ASUS PG258Q

Post by Adept4k » 03 Aug 2018, 14:11

Hey! I just bought myself an asus 258q 240hz gsync monitor. I've experienced some weird issues, that i would like some help With :S

So, i started off with a dual monitor setup. I noticed a lot of stuttering in games, especially when something happened on the second monitor. I searched around and came to the conclusion that having 2 different hertz monitors usually does that (one 120hz and one 240).
Both were plugged in to my GTX1080, haven't tried one in the igpu and one on the external graphicscard.

Anyways, now i've unplugged my second monitor, running in a single display. I still get stutters. Loading screens in game, i get LCD flickering, i can notice the background turning "lighter, darker, lighter". Don't know if it's because of gsync and loading screens usually run at 30 fps ish.

The main problem tho, is suddenly when playing i get a few second of weird stuttering. It's like my 240hz downclocks to >60hz. Then it returns to normal. I can see it and feel it in the mouse pretty clearly.

So what can the problem be? Do i have a defective screen or?

mello

Re: ASUS PG258Q

Post by mello » 03 Aug 2018, 15:08

I suspect that unplugging the monitor is not enough. You might need a way to remove the second monitor from system/drivers. Have you tried reinstalling NVIDIA drivers ? Use DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/di ... nload.html and then try to install drivers again.

ahmedpc03

Re: ASUS PG258Q

Post by ahmedpc03 » 06 Aug 2018, 11:52

i have the same monitor

flickering during the loading is normal for gsync on

stuttering

i suggested to re install nvidia driver and also make sure to install the monitor driver that may fix the issue
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/LCD%20 ... 1533574811

make sure your fps is lower than 240, if not , cap it on 235 would be a good idea

what is the games that you are facing stuttering with ?

i am facing stuttering with some games and i think its a game issue not working well with gsync, and other games working very well with gsync no stuttering and tearing