RTSS w/ in game cap

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
dahyippur

RTSS w/ in game cap

Post by dahyippur » 29 Aug 2018, 03:08

Setting up a g sync monitor for someone else. Is there any reason I shouldn't have RTSS set to a global 142 cap and use in game engine to say 138 where possible? This machine already has a few games without functional in-game limiters and I've just built it.

dahyippur

Re: RTSS w/ in game cap

Post by dahyippur » 29 Aug 2018, 03:56

My thinking is the penalty for using RTSS (vs the game engine) wouldn't kick in if the frame rate never reaches 142+, but If this is not the case I will unlock everything and leave RTSS on

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 29 Aug 2018, 06:13

There's no drawback I'm aware of, except that RTSS will interfere with some applications and the user will have to create exclusion profiles for them.

Just having a desktop shortcut to RTSS is usually better. Start it when playing a game, quit it when not playing a game.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

dahyippur

Post by dahyippur » 29 Aug 2018, 06:39

First game I tested with RTSS & simultaneous in-game cap was Diablo3 (as described in op), and they did not cooperate :D Guess I will have to make profiles if RTSS causes grief with some apps like you say.