Windows 10 DWM Priority

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Fluffy

Re: Windows 10 DWM Priority

Post by Fluffy » 02 Oct 2018, 11:29

Oh Lord, that's a lot of text. A lot of claims, appeals to ignorance and appeal to authority. Sorry, you can think whatever you want, as well as to leave as much room for yourself to be wrong as possible. My claim is not a claim, but rather some personal observations that have led me to some preliminary assumptions, and which are, currently, in a framework of a hypothesis, not a theory, and that is why I am seeking for some additional tests. If you know what a hypothesis is, talking about "the burden of proof" at such early stages is a complete nonsense. Moreover, until something is proven or disproven, it is seems rather foolish to make any statements like you do. But hey, you probably one of those know-it-all people, the difficult ones. Thus, I would rather spare my time and effort, and cease my mere attempts of trying to explain anything to you, which, if continued any further, will not bear any useful results for my little experiment. All the best.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 02 Oct 2018, 11:52

I'm not trying to be hostile here. You're seeing a difference, I thought about what could possibly be the reason for it, and I can't think of anything. That is all. No reason to fight over it. I apologize if I came off as hostile.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

RamenRider

Post by RamenRider » 27 Jun 2020, 11:10

I wanna say thank you so much for this thread Fluffy. It helped me out immensely. My 3 year search is getting closer to ending!

Is there no permanent way to keep it this way? I have to restart DWM.exe everytime I want good input lag? Linux really is better for gaming because of this..

Mitouz

Post by Mitouz » 06 Jul 2020, 10:26

Hi
English is not my native language but im really interested about what you said about dwm...

I know this sh*t is litteraly ruining my games.
I would like to know how to stop it/kill it or suspend it and keep playing without but it seems to be impossible... do you know how to do that please?

MiguelitoPERU

Post by MiguelitoPERU » 07 Jul 2020, 09:24

Mitouz wrote:
06 Jul 2020, 10:26
Hi
English is not my native language but im really interested about what you said about dwm...

I know this sh*t is litteraly ruining my games.
I would like to know how to stop it/kill it or suspend it and keep playing without but it seems to be impossible... do you know how to do that please?

721/5000
Hello Brother
I am also following the publication, I read everything it says and to give you a summary and what I have experienced if I feel an improvement when you apply the changes as indicated. For that you have to install a program called lasso process and click DWM and select inactivity. Hence with the inspector nvidia make the settings as indicated by vscyn. and lastly disable screen optimization for each game. I don't know if it's placebo but if you notice clearer the image and better reaction of the game. I hope the owner of the publication cultivates us more with his discoveries. I'm from Peru and I'm fascinated by hiding new improvements and combinations for the fluency of PC games.

RamenRider

Post by RamenRider » 10 Sep 2020, 06:42

MiguelitoPERU wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 09:24
Mitouz wrote:
06 Jul 2020, 10:26
Hi
Hello Brother
I compiled all the different ways on my thread. Tell me which one works best for you. Good luck. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7168

empleat

Post by empleat » 28 Mar 2021, 09:31

Seems like this setting is not anymore in Nvidia Inspector: Frame Rate Limiter - 0x00200000 PS_FRAMERATE_LIMITER_DISALLOWED
Which is strange: I couldn't even find NV2 limiter, FYI: which is preferred on DX12 https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/compr ... ne.430972/

I can see that reducing DWM priority and all other things help instantly! But you said, to change also this, so I wanted to try this also.

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 21 Jan 2023, 05:48

RealNC wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 12:38
This is placebo for sure. DWM process priority cannot possibly have any impact on the pixel colors. DWM is going to produce exactly the same results regardless of priority. There is no possible way for it not to. The only possible effect the CPU priority can have is stutter due to DWM not getting enough CPU time.

Also, DWM is disabled for fullscreen games.

You can take screenshots if you want and then compare them. You will see zero difference.
This is not placebo. The increased clarity is due to the increased responsiveness.