Asus XG258Q with Nvidia GSync Comptaible Settings

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
JMH

Asus XG258Q with Nvidia GSync Comptaible Settings

Post by JMH » 22 Jan 2019, 20:41

Hey guys as the title states i have the Asus XG258Q with a GTX 1060 6GB

I have the new drivers witch enables Gsync Comptible settings

I play alot of CSGO what would the best settings for lowest input lag before i was just using Fast Sync option my recoil control was good but no its very hard to control it

So what setting would be optimal?

Thanks

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Asus XG258Q with Nvidia GSync Comptaible Settings

Post by RealNC » 22 Jan 2019, 21:11

Add "fps_max 230" in your autoexec and set "vsync" to "ON" in the nvidia panel. This should prevent tearing, and the 230FPS cap prevents vsync lag. If you didn't set up an autoexec file for CS:GO, then just add "+fps_max 230" in the CS:GO launch options in Steam.

Here's a video where some tests were done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L42nx6ubpfg
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

JMH

Post by JMH » 22 Jan 2019, 22:13

RealNC wrote:Add "fps_max 230" in your autoexec and set "vsync" to "ON" in the nvidia panel. This should prevent tearing, and the 230FPS cap prevents vsync lag. If you didn't set up an autoexec file for CS:GO, then just add "+fps_max 230" in the CS:GO launch options in Steam.

Here's a video where some tests were done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L42nx6ubpfg
Thank you very much for the quick reply

Will give that ago and see how it feels if i dont like it ill just switch back to normal, Turn of adative sync in OSd of monitor and choose fast sync like i had before

Edit:

So no need for RTSS ?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 22 Jan 2019, 22:32

JMH wrote:So no need for RTSS ?
RTSS is best for vsync (or fast sync.) With g-sync and freesync, you don't need RTSS, unless you're playing a game that has too much microstutter.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Notty_PT

Post by Notty_PT » 23 Jan 2019, 11:51

At 230fps cap I can assure you he will still hit the Gsync Ceilling and will get input lag with Vsync. I would advise a 220fps cap at least. This is my experience with 240hz monitor + driver enabled Gsync.