Blur Busters Forums

Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™ Skip to content

Frametime spikes in Fortnite...

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.

Re: Frametime spikes in Fortnite...

Postby GFresha » 03 Mar 2019, 23:58

theangryregulator wrote:
GFresha wrote:Yes RTSS. But I found out now that after overclocking my monitor to 165 hz and changing my resolution to its native res (since fortnite pro players usually use 4:3 res that's not their 16:9 native) and now my spikes are very similar to your. 25 MS being the max and I did not even notice any of them, no jinxing but I think I'm good now! I don't know if it was the 165 hz or changing my res to its native that lowered the spikes but I don't want test further since this is perfect now. I wonder if 240 hz is even better, hmmmmmmmmmmm

By increasing the resolution and framecap it sounds like you're increasing the gpu usage more than anything. My gpu sits at low clocks on all low settings (apart from view distance on epic) on fortnite with a cap of 138.

Specs: 8700k, 980 ti, 2x8 3800mhz ram
GFresha

Previous

Return to G-SYNC