Constant stuttering in games when watching youtube/twitch

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
kuliksco

Constant stuttering in games when watching youtube/twitch

Post by kuliksco » 07 Mar 2019, 09:20

I have this 32" LG gsync monitor at 165hz https://www.amazon.com/LG-32GK850G-B-Ga ... B078TTXLW5

I also have a 9900k at 5ghz with a 2080ti and I can't watch youtube or twitch on a 2nd monitor at 60hz without getting a good amount of stuttering (maybe it's tearing since my fps doesn't drop) every second while playing a game like overwatch in borderless windowed on all low settings at 165fps.

I'm running the latest drivers and I have gsync + vsync on in nvidia control panel and currently frame limiting to 162. Vsync is off in game. Both monitors are using display port.

I can run in fullscreen and the video is fine. From what I have been reading I think it might be because of windows display manager applying vsync and triple buffering. Most of the articles I found were old and I was wondering if anyone has a workaround.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Constant stuttering in games when watching youtube/twitc

Post by RealNC » 07 Mar 2019, 17:18

I don't know of a workaround. Using different monitors at different refresh rates causes stutter.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

kuliksco

Post by kuliksco » 09 Mar 2019, 11:50

RealNC wrote:I don't know of a workaround. Using different monitors at different refresh rates causes stutter.
Thanks for the response. I think I might just pick up another one of the same monitor for a 2nd. I'm wondering though if I need to spend the extra $250 on gsync. Do you know if there will be a difference if I don't game on the 2nd monitor, only watch videos.
Was thinking about going with the Radeon FreeSync version: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078T ... UTF8&psc=1

theangryregulator

Post by theangryregulator » 10 Mar 2019, 00:56

yeah you don't need the gsync version. I'm waiting for for a sale on my current monitor to get around the same problem too.

AlexWhelan

Post by AlexWhelan » 09 Apr 2019, 05:03

Will there ever be a fix for this?