How do i setup gsync?

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
jorimt

Re: How do i setup gsync?

Post by jorimt » 05 Jun 2019, 11:26

yungracks wrote:Welllll ummmm judge for yourself im CONFUSED, in the pic you see its on 180, which is when im on my second monitor with my cursor
If you're using borderless/windowed G-SYNC mode, and you click over to your secondary monitor, then G-SYNC becomes inactive on the primary monitor until you focus on the game window again.
yungracks wrote:Please check the screen & the video.
The 177 is my ingame cap & the yellow is the monitor refreshrate tester.
https://prntscr.com/nxzkhz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0DOf351W9M
Rapid readout fluctuations around and above the set FPS cap on the monitor's built-in yellow refresh rate meter is normal. It happens on mine too, and mine is a completely different monitor model (XB271HU w/IPS panel).

When I did my original G-SYNC 101 input lag tests on a 240Hz monitor, the built-in refresh rate meter did the very same thing, and with the in-game Overwatch cap set to 237/238 FPS (for 240Hz) my test numbers showed it didn't actually affect the input lag levels at all.

TLDR: it's just false positive readings because the yellow meter isn't 100% accurate. It's normal.
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 05 Jun 2019, 11:28

yungracks wrote:Welllll ummmm judge for yourself im CONFUSED, in the pic you see its on 180, which is when im on my second monitor with my cursor, when ingame it goes like 179
Ah. Two monitors. I've heard of G-Sync behaving horribly when using two monitors. What happens if you completely disconnect the second monitor and reboot? Does it fix the issue? Ignore the monitor's FPS indicator. What matters is whether or not games feel OK or not.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

yungracks

Post by yungracks » 05 Jun 2019, 15:21

RealNC wrote:
yungracks wrote:Welllll ummmm judge for yourself im CONFUSED, in the pic you see its on 180, which is when im on my second monitor with my cursor, when ingame it goes like 179
Ah. Two monitors. I've heard of G-Sync behaving horribly when using two monitors. What happens if you completely disconnect the second monitor and reboot? Does it fix the issue? Ignore the monitor's FPS indicator. What matters is whether or not games feel OK or not.
This might be worth trying, let me do it tommorow, ill let you know!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Jun 2019, 18:01

Interference between two different-Hz monitors has been a scourge plaguing the gaming industry, since many of us keep our old 60Hz monitors when upgrading to a 144Hz or 240Hz display. There are so many horror stories of bugs popping up in this.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

yungracks

Post by yungracks » 09 Jun 2019, 08:52

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Interference between two different-Hz monitors has been a scourge plaguing the gaming industry, since many of us keep our old 60Hz monitors when upgrading to a 144Hz or 240Hz display. There are so many horror stories of bugs popping up in this.
Didn't fix it.

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 09 Jun 2019, 14:21

yungracks wrote:Didn't fix it.
If you're talking about the fluctuation of the monitor's built-in yellow refresh rate meter, again, there's nothing to fix; that's just how they are. Even though it looks like it's periodically jumping over your set FPS cap, it actually isn't (false reading), and thus it isn't affecting your input lag either.

That meter is approximate, and is more useful for confirming that G-SYNC is adjusting the refresh rate. Refer to the in-game or Afterburner FPS meters for a more accurate FPS readout.
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)