How do i setup gsync?

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
yungracks

How do i setup gsync?

Post by yungracks » 31 May 2019, 15:38

Hey,
I made a post before but i got confused.

Currently i got GSync enabled in NCP, and i cap my FPS -3 ingame (177)
But my question is:

What do I put at the vsync option?
ON / OFF / FAST / 3D APP

& is there anything else i should do?

yungracks

Re: How do i setup gsync?

Post by yungracks » 01 Jun 2019, 09:01

any1?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 01 Jun 2019, 10:17

vsync OFF, unless you happen to play a game where you can still see tearing, in which case you put it to ON for that game.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

yungracks

Post by yungracks » 01 Jun 2019, 11:30

So G&VSync both ON in NCP
But VSync off ingame
Capped -3 fps ingame?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 01 Jun 2019, 12:34

No. Vsync OFF in both game and NVCP. But if a game is tearing, then just vsync ON in NVCP in the profile of that game.
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

yungracks

Post by yungracks » 01 Jun 2019, 15:28

RealNC wrote:No. Vsync OFF in both game and NVCP. But if a game is tearing, then just vsync ON in NVCP in the profile of that game.
If i disable vsync in ncp and i capp 177 my game feels super slow, any suggestions?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 01 Jun 2019, 15:49

Never heard of that. Is it a g-sync monitor or a freesync one? With a native g-sync monitor, it should be working fine like that. If it's a freesync monitor then I guess vsync ON in nvcp is better.

yungracks

Post by yungracks » 01 Jun 2019, 16:49

RealNC wrote:Never heard of that. Is it a g-sync monitor or a freesync one? With a native g-sync monitor, it should be working fine like that. If it's a freesync monitor then I guess vsync ON in nvcp is better.
Acer predator XB241H, gsync monitor.
My games are fine if i have GSync on & have it capped on 180, just feels slow on 177 unless i got VSync on in NCP

open

Post by open » 04 Jun 2019, 14:37

Can you test to make sure that vsync is staying active while you play? Often the easiest way to do this is through a monitor function. There may be an indicator that you can turn on. My monitor has a frame rate display which uses gsync to measure frames. So when my monitor is in 240hz mode and the framerate counter is anything other than 240 I know that gsync is working. It looks like some acer monitors have the same feature.

Go into the game you want it to work on and watch the framerate display that you turned on in the monitors menu. It should say something like 177 and it should go up and down slightly. If it stays on 180 then you are not using gsync. Some games need a more modest cap than others to stay within the gsync range. If its not working you could try going to 175. If that doesn't work double check all your nvidia control panel settings. G-sync should be enabled for fullscreen games. v sync should be off and gsync should be on in the profile for your game. If that still doesn't work come back there are more things that are less likely we can go through.

yungracks

Post by yungracks » 05 Jun 2019, 10:01

open wrote:Can you test to make sure that vsync is staying active while you play? Often the easiest way to do this is through a monitor function. There may be an indicator that you can turn on. My monitor has a frame rate display which uses gsync to measure frames. So when my monitor is in 240hz mode and the framerate counter is anything other than 240 I know that gsync is working. It looks like some acer monitors have the same feature.

Go into the game you want it to work on and watch the framerate display that you turned on in the monitors menu. It should say something like 177 and it should go up and down slightly. If it stays on 180 then you are not using gsync. Some games need a more modest cap than others to stay within the gsync range. If its not working you could try going to 175. If that doesn't work double check all your nvidia control panel settings. G-sync should be enabled for fullscreen games. v sync should be off and gsync should be on in the profile for your game. If that still doesn't work come back there are more things that are less likely we can go through.
Welllll ummmm judge for yourself im CONFUSED, in the pic you see its on 180, which is when im on my second monitor with my cursor, when ingame it goes like 179

Please check the screen & the video.
The 177 is my ingame cap & the yellow is the monitor refreshrate tester.
https://prntscr.com/nxzkhz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0DOf351W9M