G-SYNC Indicator not displaying in Fortnite

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Krispy

G-SYNC Indicator not displaying in Fortnite

Post by Krispy » 10 Jul 2019, 16:27

My monitor is the ROG SWIFT PG258Q, and I have a 1080 ti.

I am enabling G-SYNC in Fullscreen mode and my game is in Fullscreen mode and there is no indicator when I am in game.
I have tried different variations (G-SYNC on + V-SYNC on), tried switching my game to Windowed Fullscreen etc.

Does anyone have any solution for this? Did some searching and people seem to say that switching V Sync on in NVIDIA fixes it but not for me

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: G-SYNC Indicator not displaying in Fortnite

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 Jul 2019, 18:25

You mean your monitor OSD says "Normal 240Hz" instead of "GSYNC"?

If so...
Switch DisplayPort cables and switch DisplayPort ports on your GPU. Your card and monitor may not be "talking" to each other to enable native GSYNC.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

sharknice

Post by sharknice » 11 Jul 2019, 13:12

Does it work in other games? Fortnite has a weird full screen mode because you can tab out and still see the game. I'm not sure it's true full screen. You may need to change gsync settings to always on.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 11 Jul 2019, 21:00

See if the GameUserSettings.ini file has a "FullScreenMode" setting in it. If not, add it as "FullScreenMode=0". I don't know if this works, I don't have that game, but I've seen some references to that setting in the past.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

TTT

Post by TTT » 19 Jul 2019, 09:09

Another way of seeing if its working is turn on the fps counter on Nvidia Geforce overlay and also have the ingame fps on.

If they are both the same its working, if the Nvidia one is locked at max refresh, its not.