G-SYNC recommendation

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
hzrD

G-SYNC recommendation

Post by hzrD » 26 Sep 2019, 16:03

Hi,

I want to buy a new 240Hz G-SYNC monitor.

-Is G-SYNC even worth it for games like CS:GO where I can reach 300+ FPS?

-Is there a clear winner between the monitors with the new AOU panels or are they all about the same? (Acer XN253QX, MSI NXG251R, AOC AG251FG, ...)

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: G-SYNC recommendation

Post by RealNC » 27 Sep 2019, 07:56

Gsync is most beneficial if you want to play games where you want cap your FPS below the refresh rate. For example you want to play game A at 90FPS, game B at 150FPS, game C at 60FPS, etc. Gsync will then provide smoother and tear-free gameplay and enforce the natural input lag of the framerate you're capping to, making gameplay feel much more consistent.

If you only play games where you get very high framerates and never felt the need to cap it to a lower FPS, then gsync will not be very useful to you.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 27 Sep 2019, 12:18

By "cap below refresh rate", includes "games that fluctuate a lot below max Hz".

G-SYNC is also beneficial to making everything look much smoother in your low-framerate games, such as major fluctuations from 100fps->240fps. If you play games that fluctuate a lot, VRR including G-SYNC and FreeSync makes things look much better (without adding VSYNC ON lag).

Animation demo: www.testufo.com/gsync
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

pox02

Post by pox02 » 28 Sep 2019, 16:00

hzrD wrote:Hi,

I want to buy a new 240Hz G-SYNC monitor.

-Is G-SYNC even worth it for games like CS:GO where I can reach 300+ FPS?

-Is there a clear winner between the monitors with the new AOU panels or are they all about the same? (Acer XN253QX, MSI NXG251R, AOC AG251FG, ...)
yes i tell you why one day the game can be so much smooth even without gsync but in next day its feels stutters laggy thats why gsync make the smoothness all the time i suggest take the XN253QX since its the only one i know have last panel
monitors xg258q aw2518hf 27GK750F-B pg248q xg240r lg w2363d-pf xb270hu XL2546 XL2546K NXG252R