Driver 441.08: Ultra-Low Latency Now with G-SYNC Support

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
jorimt

Re: Driver 441.08: Ultra-Low Latency Now with G-SYNC Support

Post by jorimt » 11 Dec 2019, 10:03

not_l0v3ly wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 05:07
please tell me what will be better (less delay) in apex legends on the monitor 240 hz
1) gsync on + vsync on and cap 235 fps
2) gsync off + vsync off and cap fps 190

all streamers choose the second option and this is alarming :D
Both scenarios will have very similar raw input lag levels @240Hz, but #2 will have inferior frame pacing.
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

janos666

Post by janos666 » 11 Dec 2019, 10:07

not_l0v3ly wrote:
I guess that's mainly because they optimize the sync/limit settings to prefer the video stream's quality over their own real life experience (in terms of smoothness, judder, and alike, not latency because that's obviously going to be huge over the video coding and the various internet servers).

Caronizeeee

Post by Caronizeeee » 17 Dec 2019, 04:10

Hello guys, I'm from Brazil and sorry for my bad English. I have a Ryzen 7 3700x and RTX 2070 set and an Alienware aw2518hf 240hz. I am currently using GSYNC + VSYNC ON and Latency Mode ON (not on Ultra and I don't even know if it should) and 237fps. I am trying to play competitively, participating in championships for money, with other high level players. Are these the best settings on the nvidia dashboard for me to have the "best performance" possible? Another question would be regarding the Alienware response time setting that I leave in "Super Fast", should I continue with this option? I can't see ghost difference in normal mode compared to super fast mode, but I see that a lot of people do. Thanks and sorry if my questions are very basic, I want to get the best possible performance competitively from my setup.

eRvY

Post by eRvY » 17 Dec 2019, 10:59

Caronizeeee wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 04:10
Hello guys, I'm from Brazil and sorry for my bad English. I have a Ryzen 7 3700x and RTX 2070 set and an Alienware aw2518hf 240hz. I am currently using GSYNC + VSYNC ON and Latency Mode ON (not on Ultra and I don't even know if it should) and 237fps. I am trying to play competitively, participating in championships for money, with other high level players. Are these the best settings on the nvidia dashboard for me to have the "best performance" possible? Another question would be regarding the Alienware response time setting that I leave in "Super Fast", should I continue with this option? I can't see ghost difference in normal mode compared to super fast mode, but I see that a lot of people do. Thanks and sorry if my questions are very basic, I want to get the best possible performance competitively from my setup.
No, just use 240hz, compatible gsync off, vsync off, ultra low lantency on.
Set your monitor contrast below 50.

You will lose some image quality, but you will have low inputlag.

Play with sharpness above 60, It will be easier to spot enemies, but again, you will lose some image quality.

Caronizeeee

Post by Caronizeeee » 17 Dec 2019, 15:52

eRvY wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 10:59
Caronizeeee wrote:

Play with sharpness above 60, It will be easier to spot enemies, but again, you will lose some image quality.

Hello friend, thank you very much for your attention. I haven't disabled gsync and vsync yet and test how it would look, but this way I wouldn't have a less fluid, tearing image? Could you tell me which competitive advantage I would have disabling it all? Would the input lag be much smaller, or would it really be pretty much the same as with VSYNC + GSYNC?
I heard in reviews that the contrast below 50 would decrease some artifacts on this monitor, but when I tested I didn't see much of a difference, but I will test for a longer time. Could you make up for the lost contrast on the nvidia control panel, or would you have the same problems again? The sharpness I am using at 70%, can I leave it at 100% if I find it difficult to see some enemies over longer distances?

Thanks and again sorry for my pathetic English.

eRvY

Post by eRvY » 18 Dec 2019, 07:43

Caronizeeee wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 15:52
eRvY wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 10:59
Caronizeeee wrote:

Hello friend, thank you very much for your attention. I haven't disabled gsync and vsync yet and test how it would look, but this way I wouldn't have a less fluid, tearing image? Could you tell me which competitive advantage I would have disabling it all? Would the input lag be much smaller, or would it really be pretty much the same as with VSYNC + GSYNC?
I heard in reviews that the contrast below 50 would decrease some artifacts on this monitor, but when I tested I didn't see much of a difference, but I will test for a longer time. Could you make up for the lost contrast on the nvidia control panel, or would you have the same problems again? The sharpness I am using at 70%, can I leave it at 100% if I find it difficult to see some enemies over longer distances?

Thanks and again sorry for my pathetic English.
240fps @ 240hz is fluid, as long as you don't drop frames.
Just play around you sharpness, and see whats work for you

Sackerius

Post by Sackerius » 19 Dec 2019, 20:53

not_l0v3ly wrote:
please tell me what will be better (less delay) in apex legends on the monitor 240 hz
1) gsync on + vsync on and cap 235 fps
2) gsync off + vsync off and cap fps 190

I've read this is because of game optimization... something to do with the Apex "architecture" and FPS above 190fps... ?? I have no idea WHY apex doesn't work well above 190fps/my monitor doesnt do over 144hz to confirm/it's just what I've read, and giving a reasoning as to why they're doing the fps cap.

Does Gsync work with the Live Gamer 4k or Elgato 4K pro??? Maybe they turn off gsync because it doesn't work with their capture card(HDMI capture cards) But Shroud uses Magewell HDMI capture card AND uses gsync... so I'm unsure of this answer, if anybody could help???

testogab

Post by testogab » 20 Dec 2019, 07:28

jorimt wrote:
27 Nov 2019, 16:17

It appears that NULL and RTSS have the same input lag levels with G-SYNC in this game with these test settings.
  • RTSS/NULL have 0.5 - 1 frame more input lag than the Apex Legends (Source engine's) in-game limiter.
  • NVI v2 has up to 2 frames more input lag than the Apex Legends (Source engine's) in-game limiter.
Few little questions here, If youre not using Gsync with Apex, should you still cap your FPS? If so, at 138 aswell, or 144? And If you use Gsync, what in-game limiter are you talking about exactly? Do you mean the launch command "+fps_max 138" or what exactly?

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 20 Dec 2019, 11:02

testogab wrote:
20 Dec 2019, 07:28
Few little questions here, If youre not using Gsync with Apex, should you still cap your FPS? If so, at 138 aswell, or 144?
For standalone V-SYNC OFF or for standalone V-SYNC? If the former, you would only do so for framerate consistency reasons and/or to prevent max GPU usage. If the latter, low lag V-SYNC requires different methods than G-SYNC:
https://www.blurbusters.com/howto-low-lag-vsync-on/
testogab wrote:
20 Dec 2019, 07:28
Do you mean the launch command "+fps_max 138" or what exactly?
Yes, the launch command.
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

janos666

Post by janos666 » 20 Dec 2019, 20:26

I read an interesting question on a different forum and it made me wonder. The guy has a ASUS MG279Q monitor which is officially capable of 144Hz max refresh rate but the FreeSync range is cited as 35Hz-90Hz. He asked how he should set this up after switching from AMD to nVidia. What happens with these monitors? I didn't know there are displays where the VRR range celing is below the officially supported maximum refresh rate (especially by so much, it doesn't look like that extra 54Hz between 90 and 144 is "factory approved overclock"). Does he need to set the refresh rate to 90Hz for G-Sync to work properly or can he set it to 144Hz and use an fps limiter slightly below 90Hz? Does the nVidia driver read the FreeSync range from the EDID block and limit the fps below 90Hz with LLM: Ultra or does it limit the refresh rate to 90 with G-Sync turned ON (or does G-Sync OFF with >90Hz)? How does that work...?