Problem with G-Sync in non-dx12 games. Pls help!

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Alex130130

Problem with G-Sync in non-dx12 games. Pls help!

Post by Alex130130 » 24 Nov 2019, 21:30

PLS HELP! I use G-sync + Vsync + NULL but my monitor osd hz counter jumps around too much trying to sync with in-game fps(for example when i have stable 120 fps in game hz frequency jumps randomly between 100-140). This happens when i play dx11 and vulkan games and gameplay is NOT SMOOTH and latency is HIGH(in other words G-sync works badly). HOWEVER, when i play dx12 games like Borderlands 3 in dx12 mode or Fortnite in dx12 mode hz counter runs well syncing with fps in game perfectly and i have great latency and smooth gameplay. BUT not all games have dx12 and i tried lots of things to fix this. I have core i7 8700, rtx 2070, 16gb ram, windows 10, Asus G-Sync compatible 165hz monitor.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Problem with G-Sync in non-dx12 games. Pls help!

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Nov 2019, 14:57

For those games that stutter, try a frame rate cap below Hz, and make sure you use VSYNC OFF setting in the in-game menu options. You may need to test-disable NULL as well.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!