Random screen flashing gsync compatibility LG C9

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
tygeezy

Re: Random screen flashing gsync compatibility LG C9

Post by tygeezy » 04 Dec 2019, 15:41

I’m doing a fresh windows install since my current one is quite old. I’ll report back if this fixes it.

tygeezy

Post by tygeezy » 07 Jan 2020, 19:19

Newest drivers and the new firmware didn't resolve this issue. Here is a new video I shot at 60 fps to get as much data as possible. the TV appears to go black from bottom to top and then recovers. In real time it happens so fast that it looks like a flash.

phpBB [video]

tygeezy

Post by tygeezy » 20 Feb 2020, 14:46

In case anybody was wondering.. I fixed this issue by disabling internet to my tv... So no wifi connection or wired connection (which is what I was using)... It's a very strange bug, and I reported it to lg.

pixelomen

Post by pixelomen » 23 Feb 2020, 06:53

tygeezy wrote:
20 Feb 2020, 14:46
In case anybody was wondering.. I fixed this issue by disabling internet to my tv... So no wifi connection or wired connection (which is what I was using)... It's a very strange bug, and I reported it to lg.
I had to register here just to let other know that this actually worked for me. Not sure how/why the internet connection could be causing this kind of problem, but it seems to have fixed it for me, at least for now. I tested it for about 1.5hrs and didn't experience any of the black frames. Previously I would receive at least 1 black frame at least every 30mins or so. For the record, I was using a wired connection.

FilthyG0blin

Post by FilthyG0blin » 03 Jun 2020, 05:15

Hi guys,

I know this was a few months ago but just wanted to check up on this. For those who disconnected their C9 from the internet to resolve their Gsync black flicker issue, now that its a few months later has that still resolved the issue or has it come back since? I'm currently testing a C9 using this resolution myself with positive results but I have been given some other possible fixes including disabling the advertising cookies and disabling the Auto Power Sync option in hdmi settings. apparently people are reporting you can keep the TV connected to the internet with these options disabled but further testing is required.

Thank you for any help you can provide
Cheers

Liam96

Post by Liam96 » 05 Jul 2020, 11:31

Hello, I have been searching the internet looking for an answer and I think I have the same issue in games I get a very quick black flicker of the whole screen which randomly occurs I've tried this for multiple games and played around with multiple setting mainly in the Nvidia control panel I don't know what I causing the issue. I don't understand the disabling the internet above. I've done all sorts. i never notice any like tearing or stuttering whilst in game but this quick black flicker is happening.

Appreciate any help... It's driving me insane :)

tygeezy

Post by tygeezy » 08 Jul 2020, 04:38

Liam96 wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 11:31
Hello, I have been searching the internet looking for an answer and I think I have the same issue in games I get a very quick black flicker of the whole screen which randomly occurs I've tried this for multiple games and played around with multiple setting mainly in the Nvidia control panel I don't know what I causing the issue. I don't understand the disabling the internet above. I've done all sorts. i never notice any like tearing or stuttering whilst in game but this quick black flicker is happening.

Make sure you don't have an Ethernet cable hooked up to your tv and also make sure you tv isn't hooked up to wifi. That stopped the black frame flashes I and others with this display have had.

tygeezy

Post by tygeezy » 08 Jul 2020, 04:39

FilthyG0blin wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 05:15
Hi guys,

I know this was a few months ago but just wanted to check up on this. For those who disconnected their C9 from the internet to resolve their Gsync black flicker issue, now that its a few months later has that still resolved the issue or has it come back since? I'm currently testing a C9 using this resolution myself with positive results but I have been given some other possible fixes including disabling the advertising cookies and disabling the Auto Power Sync option in hdmi settings. apparently people are reporting you can keep the TV connected to the internet with these options disabled but further testing is required.

Cheers
I tried those settings out a firmware ago and it didn't work for me. I haven't tried it out on the newest firmware yet. I just keep internet disabled to tv.

Liam96

Post by Liam96 » 08 Jul 2020, 13:21

tygeezy wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 04:38
Liam96 wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 11:31

Make sure you don't have an Ethernet cable hooked up to your tv and also make sure you tv isn't hooked up to wifi. That stopped the black frame flashes I and others with this display have had.
I don't get not having ethernet or wifi connected how am I mean't to use my PC then I need an internet connection to use the thing.

Liam96

Post by Liam96 » 08 Jul 2020, 13:22

tygeezy wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 04:39
FilthyG0blin wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 05:15
Hi guys,

Cheers
I tried those settings out a firmware ago and it didn't work for me. I haven't tried it out on the newest firmware yet. I just keep internet disabled to tv.
I reinstalled my Nvidea driver I did a clean reinstall of those and it worked since then but then today it's happening again???