Apex legends on acer predator xb272

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Post Reply
not_l0v3ly
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 Dec 2019, 23:08

Apex legends on acer predator xb272

Post by not_l0v3ly » 11 Dec 2019, 00:25

Hey. please help me figure out the settings for apex legends. I like this game, but it behaves like shit with no fps limit of 190. without limiting frames, the picture twitches violently, with limitation a little better. and here's the question, what hz and gsync settings should i use?
1) cap 190 without gsync
2) cap 190 with gsync
3) set the monitor frequency to less than 240 hz

Or are there any other options that will provide a minimum delay with a smooth game?

My pc: My pc: 9900k (5.0), 2080 super, 16 gb ram 4000, mon acer predator xb272bmiprzx (240 hz)
Sry for Google Translate)

SilverOne
Posts: 28
Joined: 19 Jul 2019, 19:42

Re: Apex legends on acer predator xb272

Post by SilverOne » 11 Dec 2019, 12:39

So to provide a bit of context here, if your FPS exceeds 190 FPS in Apex Legends, the game becomes as you say violently twitchy. This is demonstrated here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krF79V7 ... e=youtu.be

This problem is related to the game engine itself so there is nothing you can do about it.

I bought a G-SYNC 240Hz monitor and will be using G-Sync on without V-Sync. G-Sync includes variable-overdrive which helps minimize pixel overshoot. Not sure if i will use the in-game FPS cap or RTSS to cap frames. Some pro's like Mendokusaai prefer RTSS cap because it provides better frame pacing.

You can find allot of information and benchmarks on the best settings here: https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync ... -settings/

I'm sure other, much more experienced members, can provide much more accurate information than me.

not_l0v3ly
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 Dec 2019, 23:08

Re: Apex legends on acer predator xb272

Post by not_l0v3ly » 11 Dec 2019, 22:41

SilverOne wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 12:39
So to provide a bit of context here, if your FPS exceeds 190 FPS in Apex Legends, the game becomes as you say violently twitchy. This is demonstrated here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krF79V7 ... e=youtu.be

This problem is related to the game engine itself so there is nothing you can do about it.

I bought a G-SYNC 240Hz monitor and will be using G-Sync on without V-Sync. G-Sync includes variable-overdrive which helps minimize pixel overshoot. Not sure if i will use the in-game FPS cap or RTSS to cap frames. Some pro's like Mendokusaai prefer RTSS cap because it provides better frame pacing.

You can find allot of information and benchmarks on the best settings here: https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync ... -settings/

I'm sure other, much more experienced members, can provide much more accurate information than me.
Thank you for the answer.
Now I try to play apex according to the instructions gsync ON + vsync ON and cap 235 (RTSS) . The picture is quite nice. But I still have in mind what I learned 15 years ago in cs 1.6, namely that vsync is evil for online games.
The guys here are doing cool tests and helping people figure it out, I'll trust them and I probably need to get used to playing by their instructions.

SilverOne
Posts: 28
Joined: 19 Jul 2019, 19:42

Re: Apex legends on acer predator xb272

Post by SilverOne » 12 Dec 2019, 20:10

not_l0v3ly wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 22:41
SilverOne wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 12:39
So to provide a bit of context here, if your FPS exceeds 190 FPS in Apex Legends, the game becomes as you say violently twitchy. This is demonstrated here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krF79V7 ... e=youtu.be

This problem is related to the game engine itself so there is nothing you can do about it.

I bought a G-SYNC 240Hz monitor and will be using G-Sync on without V-Sync. G-Sync includes variable-overdrive which helps minimize pixel overshoot. Not sure if i will use the in-game FPS cap or RTSS to cap frames. Some pro's like Mendokusaai prefer RTSS cap because it provides better frame pacing.

You can find allot of information and benchmarks on the best settings here: https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync ... -settings/

I'm sure other, much more experienced members, can provide much more accurate information than me.
Thank you for the answer.
Now I try to play apex according to the instructions gsync ON + vsync ON and cap 235 (RTSS) . The picture is quite nice. But I still have in mind what I learned 15 years ago in cs 1.6, namely that vsync is evil for online games.
The guys here are doing cool tests and helping people figure it out, I'll trust them and I probably need to get used to playing by their instructions.
According to pros & videos, playing above 190 FPS results in stutters, as shown in the video above. I know blurbusters recommends 240-3 FPS cap but blurbusters only tested overwatch. Apex is an exception because of bugs.

I would use: GSYNC on, VSync off, Cap 189 (RTSS).

Also, enable GSync VSync in nvidia control panel , not in game.

User avatar
jorimt
Posts: 1184
Joined: 04 Nov 2016, 10:44

Re: Apex legends on acer predator xb272

Post by jorimt » 12 Dec 2019, 20:54

not_l0v3ly wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 22:41
Now I try to play apex according to the instructions gsync ON + vsync ON and cap 235 (RTSS)
[...]
The guys here are doing cool tests and helping people figure it out, I'll trust them and I probably need to get used to playing by their instructions.
SilverOne wrote:
12 Dec 2019, 20:10
I know blurbusters recommends 240-3 FPS cap but blurbusters only tested overwatch. Apex is an exception because of bugs.
Just to clear something up on this point...

I could test many more games, and my base recommended (minimum) -3 FPS limit with G-SYNC wouldn't change in this respect, because the sole purpose of that recommendation is to keep G-SYNC within its range and prevent V-SYNC-level input lag, not to ensure a consistent average framerate; that's up to the user to decided per game.

Some prefer to limit their FPS to a number that their system can sustain an average of 99% of the time, and thus increase input consistency.

But yes, Apex is indeed one of those games that does not react well to an uncapped FPS, and starts introducing frame pacing issue above a certain threshold, regardless of the syncing method used (or lack thereof).
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Display: Acer Predator XB271HU OS: Windows 10 Pro MB: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero CPU: i7-8700k GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 RAM: 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ @3200MHz

not_l0v3ly
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 Dec 2019, 23:08

Re: Apex legends on acer predator xb272

Post by not_l0v3ly » 13 Dec 2019, 09:53

jorimt wrote:
12 Dec 2019, 20:54
and the last question then...
gsync without vsync does it add delays?

I'll be waiting for the detailed apex legends tests on 240 hz monitors)

User avatar
jorimt
Posts: 1184
Joined: 04 Nov 2016, 10:44

Re: Apex legends on acer predator xb272

Post by jorimt » 13 Dec 2019, 11:24

not_l0v3ly wrote:
13 Dec 2019, 09:53
and the last question then...
gsync without vsync does it add delays?
Does G-SYNC + V-SYNC "Off" add input lag at 240Hz as opposed to what? Is that what you're asking, or something else? Please be specific, because the answers are going to vary depending on the scenario.
not_l0v3ly wrote:
13 Dec 2019, 09:53
I'll be waiting for the detailed apex legends tests on 240 hz monitors)
I don't plan on testing Apex Legends @240Hz any time soon. That, and I don't really need to; I can already tell you how G-SYNC will affect input lag in that game or in any game that allows G-SYNC.
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Display: Acer Predator XB271HU OS: Windows 10 Pro MB: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero CPU: i7-8700k GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 RAM: 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ @3200MHz

Post Reply