Seeking advice for demanding game

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
oddgentleman

Seeking advice for demanding game

Post by oddgentleman » 08 Jan 2020, 17:01

Preamble: I used to play on 60HZ monitor before getting 144HZ.

I play a demanding game in which the FPS can jump from 75 to 130ish for me depending on what you looking at at the moment. I have set up G-Sync according to guides. Big part of the game for me is PVP and that's where the spikes\drops are most noticeable and impactful. During these drops movement seems slow and smooth while I need snappiness. Naive me thought G-Sync would eliminate these issues because when i was running 100FPS on a 60HZ screen everything felt snappy (more snappy than 60FPS capped). I guess it's perceived subjective frametime that is more noticeable on a 144HZ now.

Thanks for staying with me. So my question is what middle ground could there be, if any, to get more snappy game all-round without compromising of visual quality. Or do I have to choose a cap at some average FPS to make everything more smoothed AND quick?

Thank you.

Q83Ia7ta

Re: Seeking advice for demanding game

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 08 Jan 2020, 18:31

Is that game Quake Champions? Cap to some avg FPS. Better cap by game itself instead RTSS or some other method. Or try different methods.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Seeking advice for demanding game

Post by RealNC » 11 Jan 2020, 13:36

Games that have an average FPS that is much lower than 120 feel better if you cap your FPS near that average. Try something like a 90FPS cap.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.