Youtube interfering with v sync?

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
charbel1011

Youtube interfering with v sync?

Post by charbel1011 » 17 Jan 2020, 07:34

Since when youtube on full screen with v sync off screen tear in full screen? i noticed when g sync is off and v sync off youtube on full screen screen tear.

Zinohh

Re: Youtube interfering with v sync?

Post by Zinohh » 23 Jan 2020, 07:14

If you are using Chrome with the " --disable-gpu-vsync " flag then full-screen videos will tear.

Chrome uses Flip Model presentation so when videos go full-screen and no UI elements are on the screen, full-screen videos get promoted to "independent" and Windows DWM no longer v-syncs.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 23 Jan 2020, 08:44

I think firefox as well. If you want to keep vsync working, you need to set vsync to application preference in the browser's application profile in the nvidia panel.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 Jan 2020, 16:34

The full screen mode automatically uses the NVIDIA Control Panel configuration settings for full screen applications. This can wreak havoc with certain applications if you've configured VSYNC OFF globally in NVIDIA Control Panel.

To fix this.
1. Go to NVIDIA Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings
2. Click the Global Tab
3. Configure to VSYNC ON or "Use the 3D Application Setting"

Now your browsers will stop tearing in full screen mode.
Use VSYNC OFF only with the "Program Settings" tab, and NEVER the Global Settings tab.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!