Most competive configuration for FPS Games (155hz)

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
forii

Re: Most competive configuration for FPS Games (155hz)

Post by forii » 02 Feb 2020, 18:09

Thank you so much ELK, you are master, we should play together in COD mw and stomp the whole game. 8-)

I am gonna use 125 fps cap inside the game, that means I will have 125hz If I believe, right? But still if this offers lowest input lag compare to cap fps in RTSS at 141, then I am gonna use it. :)
I wonder now... I if I will even feel the difference between 141 fps cap in RTSS and have slight more input lag vs 125 fps cap inside. My mind now asking me If higher Hz - 144hz wouldn't be better compare to 125hz, arhgh!! - you need to help me with that :x :P

+if i stick with 125 fps cap, should I lower my Hz of monitor inside the NVCP (creating new custom resolution with 125hz? - well actually 130hz, due to 125 fps cap in game :D hmm? :ugeek:

Null will be at ultra, as you said. :twisted:

Also, does it matter if I keep the g-sync with v-sync and NULL only in custom profile of the game? Or should I use them also in global to make sure that v-sync is on, and same thing with NULL :idea:

Oh and "last" question, the overdrive inside my monitor... there is an option: off/slow/normal/fast..
People tested that my monitor gives a ghosting at Fast option (overdrive), but I believe I still should use it If i want 1ms? at Normal which is probably a little bit slower - there is no ghosting when the ufo moves at https://www.testufo.com/ghosting

And the Motion blur reduction (which is actually pretty insane, but it does pops out the flickering as a negative for my eyes + brightness is quite darky) - what is ur opinion about that?

ELK

Post by ELK » 02 Feb 2020, 20:04

Keep the screen 144. Custom profile is fine. Hard to say about the overdrive because it will look different when in gsync mode and while at 125fps (or maybe only when modulating). I personally set my monitor to have no ghosting.

It's really complicated how screens work because there are so many different things. Every time chief talks about it it seems I learn something new, but I highly prefer no ghosting. It distracts me when I'm aiming.

Motion blur reduction isn't compatible with gsync and few monitors do it well. It's ideal to use motion blur reduction at half of your maximum refresh rate, for exmaple 120hz on a 240hz monitor. You don't want to be using 72hz on your 144hz screen. XD

forii

Post by forii » 03 Feb 2020, 15:02

ELK wrote:
02 Feb 2020, 20:04
Keep the screen 144. Custom profile is fine. Hard to say about the overdrive because it will look different when in gsync mode and while at 125fps (or maybe only when modulating). I personally set my monitor to have no ghosting.

It's really complicated how screens work because there are so many different things. Every time chief talks about it it seems I learn something new, but I highly prefer no ghosting. It distracts me when I'm aiming.

Motion blur reduction isn't compatible with gsync and few monitors do it well. It's ideal to use motion blur reduction at half of your maximum refresh rate, for exmaple 120hz on a 240hz monitor. You don't want to be using 72hz on your 144hz screen. XD
Alright, thanks.

if it comes to wireless mouse (I got g305, 76gram - modded by self) does it have higher input lag? i heard its not true due to HERO sensor, but I would like to know ur opinion, actually im scaried to know the truth, if wired would be better I will kill myself XD jk,

ELK

Post by ELK » 09 Feb 2020, 13:35

Maybe check out this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5327&start=90

GalmOne

Post by GalmOne » 27 Feb 2020, 12:36

Thanks for the explanations, but I wanted to ask something: we're talking about FPS games, but would that configuration be okay as well for other "combat" games? I'm thinking about War Thunder, Ace Combat 7 and Heliborne.