G-SYNC problems

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
MrGovernor

G-SYNC problems

Post by MrGovernor » 15 Apr 2014, 15:12

I got my Asus 24" VG248QE Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC a couple of days ago but only really had problems with it. I notice in some games there is a slight flicker to them like someone has got hold of a flashlight and is switching it on and off its not too noticeable but when I try to record with Dxtory all hell breaks loose. Example I tried recording the main menu screen of Insurgency 144 fps hit record bam have 13 fps and a bunch of whiteish flickering I don't know if I'm the only one but if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

MrGovernor

Re: G-SYNC problems

Post by MrGovernor » 16 Apr 2014, 11:15

Ok so I found the problem it seems G-Sync doesn't like below 30fps then it starts to flicker a bit so I turned G-Sync off no flicker below 30 fps seems some games I will have to turn it off as arma2/dayz isn't very optimized and its a struggle to get decent frame rates.

But still I can't record for some reason I use Dxtory record at 30 fps tried at 60 to see if it made a difference when I hit record my fps goes all way down from 144 all way down to around 13 - 15? I also tried shadow play same problem and I tried it both with G-Sync on and off still when I hit the record tab 15 fps just like that. I have no idea whats wrong or if this is a problem for everyone I spoke to someone at Nvidia and I was just told to look at the FAQ on shadow play which didn't explain nothing about the issue I'm having.

It's probably something very simple that maybe I've missed but I have tried messing around with a bunch of settings but so far nothing.

Specs if it helps :
i7 [email protected]
Asus GTX Titan black
Asus rampage IV black
32gb kingston hyperxbeast
Corsair AX1200i
Corsair H110
250gb Samsung Evo ssd
4tb WD

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Apr 2014, 11:29

Thanks for giving more detail --

What is the NVIDIA driver version you have right now?

And does it help when you upgrade the driver?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

MrGovernor

Post by MrGovernor » 16 Apr 2014, 14:10

I am on driver 337.50 newest one. I did completely uninstall the drivers and re-installed them but still seems to happen the weird thing is when I recorded on my old monitor the fps only dropped by about 5-10 using Dxtory with more than playable frame rates of 100+ depending on the game but now that 100+ fps all way down to 15 the second I stop recording shoots all way back up to 144 it's been driving me mad the past couple of days trying to figure out what it is.

EDIT: Alright now I downgraded to driver 335.23 and when I record I stay at 130 - 144 fps while it records at 30fps but the video I play back is only at abut 23 - 25 fps when I told it to record at 30 I tried both Dxtory and shadowplay, also another thing when I tried to record CS:GO I get 143 and it says its recording at 30 but I know its not for some reason but when I hit record on CS it seems like I'm playing with slow motion on but the second I stopped recording it's fine. I just want to be able to record my games at 30fps and not have all these problems but I'm out of ideas.