Problems with the XG270 I just received? [Possible Cable Issue]

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Ibp315

Re: Problems with the XG270 I just received? [Possible Cable Issue]

Post by Ibp315 » 22 Mar 2020, 16:34

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
22 Mar 2020, 14:13
Ibp315 wrote:
22 Mar 2020, 08:19
I ordered a VESA certified DisplayPort 1.4 cable. I’m hoping it’s just faulty cables considering the ones I have aren’t certified at all. The DP cable it came with works if I switch the color mode to YCBCR which like you said ends up lowering the bandwidth.
AdaptiveSync tends to not work on the oldest DisplayPort versions (regardless of bandwidth) so hopefully the version 1.4 certification solves the problem.

I've had SO many problems with cheaply manufactured cables. Sometimes they even mess up manufacturers -- you're not the only one, ASUS and BenQ have also been prone to these flaky cables too (it's so widespread of an issue, even 1 in 20 bad cables means 50,000 bad cables for a 1 million monitors worldwide) --

I have seen quite a few DisplayPort cables being problematic with almost any manufacturer, with those "included cables" since they're not made by the manufacturers themselves but purchased in bulk from a cable manufacturer, in order to be included with factory monitors. This was a huge problem (And still is) with DVI cables with the first gaming monitors even way back when Blur Busters started about a decade ago -- high refresh rates didn't work until you replaced the cable with a proper dual-link DVI cable.

If the 1.4 cable fixes the problem, let me know!
I have noticed that since using the better quality HDMI cable with both monitors, my GPU coil whine has decreased considerably. Almost to an inaudible level at 240 FPS. When I used my Alienware monitor with the DP cable (cheap Best Buy insignia brand) I had a very audible coil whine. I’m almost certain it has to do with the quality of the cable.

I found this Reddit post talks about a near identical issue. https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comme ... ame=iossmf

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Problems with the XG270 I just received? [Possible Cable Issue]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 Mar 2020, 01:32

Interesting observation!

Keep me updated on the replacement DisplayPort cable.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!