what's the best way to have a smooth experience in low fps values?

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
yamaci1775

what's the best way to have a smooth experience in low fps values?

Post by yamaci1775 » 20 Apr 2020, 05:38

i have xg2401 144 hz freesync monitor , ryzen 2700x and gtx 1080 ggraphic cards..

what would be best practice for low fps games ? (namely 30-80 fps games)

vsync, freesync, ultra low latency mode... so much parameters , i cant seem to find a good base settings to start with. i feel like i dont get the nice benefit of freesytnc at all especially in rdr2. for some reason freesync off vsync on feels better even with dynamic fps (30-50 fps)

but i open freesync and i feel more judders and stutters etc. maybe i did some settings wrong*?

forii

Re: what's the best way to have a smooth experience in low fps values?

Post by forii » 20 Apr 2020, 13:01

just lower the settings to the lowest or turn them off if u can, only fps can fix the smoothest

yamaci1775

Re: what's the best way to have a smooth experience in low fps values?

Post by yamaci1775 » 21 Apr 2020, 08:12

okey, one more question

i play heroes of storm frequently, which is %100 cpu bound game (like lol and dota, gpu never being utilized fully)

what would be the best practice to have minimal inputlag? null or default?

problem is , game really have bad framepacing and im trying to find some ways to put a fixed fps value. rtss seem to give okay framepacing but for some reason input lag is becoming more pronounced that way. i tried NULL but it didnt do anything , is it because the gpu is underutilized?

(pls dont say get a better cpu, you can make a small research on heroes of storm and its engine; it will always always be cpu bound)