AOC AG273QCX G-sync issues

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Twistidkid

AOC AG273QCX G-sync issues

Post by Twistidkid » 13 May 2020, 12:23

Hello,

I hope everyone is keeping safe at these times. I am having some flickering issues with this monitor, especially when I play Destiny 2 it flickers a lot in the character menu (where you equip weapons and armor etc.) Its driving me a bit nuts to be honest. So what I have figured out so far is that by disabling freesync on the monitor side eliminates this issue completely. I mean that defeats the whole purpose of the monitor :( From what i have noticed it happens in some other games as well like Metro Exodus (Its not as bad as destiny though)

So far what I have done to try to resolve the issue is changing D.P cables, updated all my drivers, updated my bios. Did a DDU as well and reinstalled the driver. I'm completely fresh out of ideas. I tried to change the Freesync range as well its currently set to 48-144hz but no luck to get it to stay as the monitor would go completely blank after I change the range. The ranges that I tried for was 30, 35, 40-144hz.

To add as well I have noticed that the fps would drop very quickly on the monitor side, To explain I use the fps limiter in destiny to set it to 141fps and activate v-sync in the nvcp. When monitoring the fps counter on the monitor it would read 144fps even though I capped the frame rate to 141fps in destiny. The game fps would read 141fps. When I open the character menu the fps in game would drop a little or fluctuate a bit but it will hold a steady frame, while the monitors fps reader would be going crazy from 144-90-60-48 back to 144fps very quickly, at this time the monitor would be flickering like almost a florescent light that is shorting out lol. I know this might not be the correct place to post this but I'm trying anywhere to get some advice.

Any Assistance would be greatly appreciated :)

My Specs:
Amd Ryzen 5 3600
x570 Aorus Elite Wifi
16Gbs Corsair Vengeance pro rbg 3200mhz
Evga 2070 super xc ultra
1tb nvme

jorimt

Re: AOC AG273QCX G-sync issues

Post by jorimt » 13 May 2020, 12:51

Twistidkid wrote:
13 May 2020, 12:23
I am having some flickering issues with this monitor
Your display model is not "officially" G-SYNC Compatible. Flickering in VRR mode is a common sign of this.

Scroll down to the G-SYNC section of the review of your monitor here:
https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/aoc-ag2 ... onsiveness

They note the flickering in G-SYNC Compatible mode as well.
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

Twistidkid

Post by Twistidkid » 13 May 2020, 13:39

So I guess my next option would be to sell the monitor to an amd user lol I cant believe I didn't read this part of the review when I was choosing what monitor to purchase *forehead smack*. So it wouldn't matter which one them I disable for now? freesync or g-sync until I can sell it or purchase a new one. Do you have any suggestions on a budget friendly monitor with the same specs. I'm trying to budget about 350-400 usd. What do you think of the Dell s2719dgf or the pixio px7 prime?

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 13 May 2020, 14:08

Twistidkid wrote:
13 May 2020, 13:39
So it wouldn't matter which one them I disable for now? freesync or g-sync until I can sell it or purchase a new one.
FreeSync/G-SYNC is part of the same mode when using an Nvidia GPU. You'd have to disable VRR altogether and use fixed refresh mode to avoid the flicker issue on that specific monitor model.
Twistidkid wrote:
13 May 2020, 13:39
Do you have any suggestions on a budget friendly monitor with the same specs. I'm trying to budget about 350-400 usd. What do you think of the Dell s2719dgf or the pixio px7 prime?
This depends on your preferences and priorities (of which I don't know), so that's hard for me to say. Do you prioritize contrast ratio, viewing angles, low input lag, high refresh, strobing, etc?

To start, I would definitely suggest you check this list (inspect the "G-SYNC Compatible" entries) to make sure the monitor you intend to purchase is officially G-SYNC Compatible though:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/pr ... ors/specs/
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

Twistidkid

Post by Twistidkid » 13 May 2020, 15:35

Okay I will disable the VRR for now and try to get a new one. I mean to prioritize stuff would be budget friendly and almost the same specs as the ag273qcx. I would review the list as well and use it as a guide. Its not for any kinda of competitive gaming just "casual" so I dont need anything to high end.