(edit) VRR Curved G-Sync 1080p/1440p

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
ballzley

(edit) VRR Curved G-Sync 1080p/1440p

Post by ballzley » 19 May 2020, 14:58

Hello BB! Thank you for existing. I have learned so much from this website and community forum. I am just about ready to transition from 60hz to VRR, and am shopping around for a great first investment. I have sat in front of a curved monitor and really liked the experience. Are there any notable curved G-Sync monitors anyone can recommend?

I am shopping for at least two VRR monitors, one for an Nvidia system, another for an AMD card system. We play mostly FPS games and like good colors, but have also been fine with TN (LG Flatron W2253TQ, which is aging). Most of the games will run fine at high refresh rates, but one game in particular will experience more drastic drops (80-200 FPS). The Nvidia system's monitor is preferably 1440p with strong G-Sync capability and will be playing the 80-200FPS game, and will benefit more from running G-Sync + V-Sync (NVCP) than backlight strobing. The AMD card system will sometimes be playing the 80-200FPS game (will achieve maybe 70-180 FPS), but more of other online games that are optimized better, and could benefit from having a good backlight strobing capability. 1080p preferred for this AMD system.

Pass on 4K for now.

Thank you much, I will check back periodically. Hope you all have been staying well and occupied.