[FIXED] Viewsonic Elite XG270 keeps going black screen in games

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
BlueWaterGirl

Post by BlueWaterGirl » 16 Jun 2020, 20:32

Everything seemed to be fine until I turned G-SYNC on. I tried reinstalling my Nividia drivers, that didn't seem to fix it. For some reason the Viewsonic Elite Display Controller won't start on my PC, it will act like it's going to start but will disappear. I don't think it would be the display port because I don't experience any black screen when not playing games or when GSYNC is turned off.

My card is a GTX 1070 8GB

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Viewsonic Elite XG270 keeps going black screen in games

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Jun 2020, 17:26

BlueWaterGirl wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 20:32
Everything seemed to be fine until I turned G-SYNC on. I tried reinstalling my Nividia drivers, that didn't seem to fix it. For some reason the Viewsonic Elite Display Controller won't start on my PC, it will act like it's going to start but will disappear. I don't think it would be the display port because I don't experience any black screen when not playing games or when GSYNC is turned off.

My card is a GTX 1070 8GB
That sounds like VRR (GSYNC) is potentially defective. Admist thousands of successfully working VRR, occasionally there is a dfect that very rarely pops up in all models (whether be ViewSonic or others) that results in fully inoperable VRR. In these cases, this becomes a possible warranty claim. However, let's hope there's a driver or cable-based solution first...

Before confirming a VRR-related defect:
-- you may want to factory reset ("Memory Recall" in ViewSonic menus)
-- you may also want to test a different port / cable (on the card)
-- you may want to do a clean driver reinstall (uninstall-reinstall cycle).
-- you may want to make sure to test multiple refresh rates (e.g. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz) to see if VRR failure occurs only at specific refresh rates

If this continues to fail, you should open a ticket with ViewSonic about a possible RMA:
Submit a ViewSonic Ticket: https://support.viewsonic.com/en/support/tickets/new
(For USA monitors)

Make sure to explain as many details as possible, so that you pre-emptively answer common tech support questions that may arise. (Also, if you already have VRR experience with different models of monitors, you may want to indicate as such too.)

This sounds very different from VRR range issues or LFC-ralted issues, since your case means your VRR seems to be completely inoperable (won't show an image at all).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

BlueWaterGirl

Post by BlueWaterGirl » 19 Jun 2020, 08:58

I seem to have found a fix for my issue after spending hours online to see others have been having the same problem with 1 to 2 second screen black outs with GSYNC compatible monitors.

I turned off GSYNC in the Nvidia control panel, went to manage 3D settings, and then switched vertical sync to adaptive, turned back on GSYNC. Screen hasn't been going black in games now at all.

vonkar

Re: [FIXED] Viewsonic Elite XG270 keeps going black screen in games

Post by vonkar » 13 Jul 2020, 09:38

thk u so much, with your metod, any black screen too

Edit : i speak to speed, 3 hours after black screen reback :'(

and alawas Viewsonic Elite Display Controller won't start on my PC too

vonkar

Post by vonkar » 16 Jul 2020, 09:49

screen replaced today, no problem with the new one for the moment.

Zealot

Post by Zealot » 17 Jul 2020, 08:51

If you continue to experience the Black Screen issue you could try to change the variable refresh range limit via CRU.
You will need to download CRU (Custom Resolution Utility by ToastyX) and edit the lower VRR limit. Sounds daunting, but its very simple.

Open CRU, hit Edit on the top right. On the next window look at the "Range Limits" section and under V rate change the lower number from 48 to 55. Hit Ok and CRU will close, then all you have to do is use the restart.exe thats included in the download.

vonkar

Post by vonkar » 17 Jul 2020, 10:04

Zealot wrote:
17 Jul 2020, 08:51
If you continue to experience the Black Screen issue you could try to change the variable refresh range limit via CRU.
You will need to download CRU (Custom Resolution Utility by ToastyX) and edit the lower VRR limit. Sounds daunting, but its very simple.

Open CRU, hit Edit on the top right. On the next window look at the "Range Limits" section and under V rate change the lower number from 48 to 55. Hit Ok and CRU will close, then all you have to do is use the restart.exe thats included in the download.
hi, i try this and any change, but now this new screan any problem ^^

spysmily1

Post by spysmily1 » 28 Jul 2020, 09:46

vonkar is your replacement screen still working with no problems? I have a similar issue that happens every once in awhile where it goes black. I also lose audio. Is that similar to your issue before the replacement?

vonkar

Post by vonkar » 12 Aug 2020, 21:20

spysmily1 wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 09:46
vonkar is your replacement screen still working with no problems? I have a similar issue that happens every once in awhile where it goes black. I also lose audio. Is that similar to your issue before the replacement?
Any problem with new screen :)

only Elite display controle won"t start

spysmily1

Post by spysmily1 » 20 Nov 2020, 17:02

Sorry about the late reply. I am getting the 2-3 second blank screen still. Still looking for a resolution but will try the CRU again. It didn't work for me the first time I tried. I've been working with ViewSonic support but they haven't helped at all. They say there is no problem yet I can make the issue constantly happen with the Nvidia Gsync Pendulum demo.

In fact, they had my screen for a couple of weeks so I was without it for about a month with shipping time. They're on the west coast and I'm on the east coast.