GSYNC stop working

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
boby3104

GSYNC stop working

Post by boby3104 » 23 Jun 2020, 11:45

Hey blur busters,

I hope you can help me guys :)

My problem is that GSYNC stops working after a couple of hours in cod warzone. I need to reboot my pc otherwise its not working anymore.
But its not specific to this game.
I had this issue a couple of years ago. Same behaviour. I played Battlefield 5 and sometimes out of nowhere the gsync indicator disappeared and it started to stutter so gsync wasn't active anymore. The only solution I had was to make a fresh clean install of windows 10 and the problem was solved.

But for now it's different because I just bought a new PC and the only thing I did is Windows installed, battlenet installed and msi afterburner to be sure my system is working fine without any issues. No other apps except all drivers for the system and of course the programs I need for headset, mouse and keyboard etc.

I set all the settings for GSYNC exactly like the description from blur busters.

Any ideas why GSYNC stops working and what I can do except clean win 10 installation? Because I don't think that helps anymore.

My system :
Ryzen 3770x
Asus2080super
Asus prime x570 pro
Win10 with latest updates /drivers

Asus pg278qe @165hz

Thanks guys,
Boby

Rbk_3

Re: GSYNC stop working

Post by Rbk_3 » 06 Aug 2020, 08:30

I am having a similar issue

Gsync in MW works after I uninstall drivers with DDU and reinstall them but stops working again the next time I restart my Pc. 2080 Super with LGC9 Oled.

Every other game it seems to work fine and it was working fine up until a week ago. I’ve tried everything I can think of but only thing that works is uninstalling and reinstalling my Nvidia driver and it works for a bit until I turn my pc off. I’ve tried 4 different HDMI cables so that’s not the issue. I also redownloaded the game and that also fixed it until the next time my PC restarted

I am using the Gsync On notification to confirm. It’s not NVCP or in game settings because they do not change from when it works after the reinstall to win it doesn’t work.