Windows 10 2020 update: HARDWARE-ACCELERATED GPU SCHEDULLING with GSYNC

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
xbusterbr

Windows 10 2020 update: HARDWARE-ACCELERATED GPU SCHEDULLING with GSYNC

Post by xbusterbr » 07 Jul 2020, 10:00

That new feature is available on new Windows 10 update, is called "HAGS" (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softwar ... /windows10). They claim that this reduces input lag and improve FPS a bit. Apparently Nvidia's official support with that feature came with their newest driver 451.48, as they highlight it on release notes. But I'm not sure if this is ONLY apliccable to DirectX12 games..if it is, that's weird, cause the only game that I noticed a difference was in CSGO. Tested it with COD WARZONE (DX12) and Far Cry New Dawn.

What I noticed checking on Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI) is that the Frame rate Limiter value was changed from OFF to something else after the Nvidia's update. CSGO only gets better (less input lag) if I change it back to OFF manually.

Has anyone tested this HAGS thing with GSYNC to feel/measure input latency? What about that Frame rate Limiter value that has changed? was it just mine?

Before this new Windows and Nvidia's update, I had (by default) Frame rate limiter set to "OFF", and the option bellow; Frame rate Limiter mode set to "Limiter V2 Force Off Enables LimiterV1 - Less input lag." and I had less input lag even though I wasn't using the frame rate limiter in NPI...I also know that the Control Panel has the V3, but that was worst. I've tested to many times, it couldn't be placebo.

But now with these new updates, it felt even better, but I had to change the LIMITER MODE back to "DEFAULT", and the Frame rate limiter to "OFF".

Also, I changed my graphics card to "MSIsupported" ( https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windo ... ol.378044/ ) while using HAGS, but is no better than default (which is 0 for MSIsupported). People say AMD cards have MSI set to ON by default and that this garantee less input lag...I'm no expert, but if anyone knows what this is and explain why Nvida cards don't use it, it would be nice. I will try this MSI thing later with HAGS disabled and tweking those two Frame rate lines on NPI