Have you experimented with G-sync's "superior" 3D?

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
CeeJayII

Have you experimented with G-sync's "superior" 3D?

Post by CeeJayII » 28 Dec 2013, 23:46

Since you have a unit, have you tried 3D yet. I'm curious if it help with pixel inversion artifacts at all. I'd love to hear any impressions of 3D performance vs 3D without G-sync.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Have you experimented with G-sync's "superior" 3D?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 29 Dec 2013, 12:17

CeeJayII wrote:Since you have a unit, have you tried 3D yet. I'm curious if it help with pixel inversion artifacts at all. I'd love to hear any impressions of 3D performance vs 3D without G-sync.
I did not test 3D on the G-SYNC upgraded VG248QE, however it is my understanding that the 3D quality is essentially the same as before. That said, I did certainly notice that inversion appeared improved on G-SYNC upgraded VG248QE -- there was nearly no color distortion at http://www.testufo.com/inversion

However, I have not done same-panel before-and-after tests, so I am not sure if this is an above-average panel, or if the G-SYNC improved the inversion.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

CeeJayII

Post by CeeJayII » 29 Dec 2013, 15:02

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll wait for some people with DIY kits to post results. Pixel inversion reduction is my main concern in 3D. If G-sync can reduce or eliminate the effect, I'm in. If not, my VG248QE will not be upgraded. As it stands now, pixel inversion in 3D gives me a somwhat screen door effect when playing certain games and when certain colors are displayed.

Akoni

Post by Akoni » 03 Jan 2014, 18:19

I would only play a single player game in this mode, but at that point to it would have to something linear.

i would never play multiplayer with this mode. the other players dont have it on, why should I have bullets and stuff flying out at me?

sofakng

Post by sofakng » 07 Jan 2014, 12:54

I'm also extremely interested in this... I just posted a question in the General forum asking if I should upgrade my Planar SA2311W and if G-SYNC (and the ASUS monitor) helps with 3D that's yet another benefit and reason for me to upgrade...

CeeJayII

Post by CeeJayII » 20 Jan 2014, 13:20

Now that it seems more people on this board have the DIY kit, can anyone comment on the 3D or pixel inversion before and after install?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Jan 2014, 13:27

CeeJayII wrote:Now that it seems more people on this board have the DIY kit, can anyone comment on the 3D or pixel inversion before and after install?
Same here. Inquiring minds wants to know. I have so many 3D Vision compatible monitors here, but no 3D Kit except the one built into the VG278H. I am tempted to buy one eventually, so I can compare my XL2411T's 3D quality (XL2411T's are similiar to unmodded VG248QE's) with the GSYNC VG248QE's 3D quality.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

PoWn3d_0704

Post by PoWn3d_0704 » 21 Jan 2014, 01:40

I didn't buy the Asus monitor for 3D, and would never use it. Basically cuts your effective FPS in half, and I have a 3D TV for media.
Asus VG248QE with GSync. Blur Busters GSync Contest Winner.

CeeJayII

Post by CeeJayII » 07 Feb 2014, 16:44

Any input on this yet?

Koldur

Post by Koldur » 11 Jul 2014, 15:27

Still no one that can comment on the supposedly superior 3D that Nvidia boasts with on the DIY kit for the Asus VG248QE? I am on the fence on buying the kit, if I do buy the kit I have to buy it within two weeks since it will be sent to a friend of mine in the USA and I will go on vacation there (I live in the Netherlands).
I don't mind that you cannot use G-Sync when playing in 3D, but I just want to know if the superior 3D is just a marketing phrase or it really does do something for it.