Gsync on with In Game Vysync = No Stuter/Framedrops(leagueoflegends)

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Selexore

Gsync on with In Game Vysync = No Stuter/Framedrops(leagueoflegends)

Post by Selexore » 06 Nov 2020, 09:10

i was trying to figure out why in league of legends id get a solid fps 162 fps and then randomly get a frame drop with abnormal ms frame time over 100. but when i turned off v ysnc with v sync on in-game that no longer occurs no fps drops no crazy frame time. and im on a pretty high-end pc . 2080ti 6900k and 32 gigs of ram. I'm curious as to why is that? seems like maybe league of legends uses its own kind v sync? don't really get these issues besides league of legends. very weird. i couldn't find an explanation for it. but i do have a youtube video of what happened before I turned on v sync in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_2X3qU ... =Selexoree
(40seconds)

maybe my setup is wrong i have no idea if its game specific or my monitor isnt set up correct who knows but its a band-aid for now if you guys need further info let me know . id love to fix the big frametime error issue stuff .

TTT

Re: Gsync on with In Game Vysync = No Stuter/Framedrops(leagueoflegends)

Post by TTT » 07 Nov 2020, 12:17

Theres nothing wrong with using Vsync in game instead of Nvidia Vsync anyway, so if it works better its not a problem.

Battlenonsense (I think) said some ingame Vsync might implement other changes to the game so recommends using it instead of Nvidia driver Vsync, but also some in game Vsync is really badly optimized and its better with Nvidia. Also notice that by default even when you turn Gsync on the Vsync is set to follow game rules not Nvidia rules.

Just use whichever works best.