Ghosting ONLY with Gsync Enabled on freesync monitor

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Rufussle

Ghosting ONLY with Gsync Enabled on freesync monitor

Post by Rufussle » 08 Jan 2021, 03:11

I just got an acer nitro xv272U X 240hz 1440p after returning an AW2721D that had terrible ghosting. This monitor seemed to be perfect in all the Tests i threw at it, UFO etc. UNTIL i get into game and Gsync actually turns on, i get a terrible bright ghosting trail. It's most notable with dark objects on a light background in motion. It's driving me up the wall. I'm about to return this and try the bent Odyssey G7.

My question is why can't i recreate this ghosting affect in any of the tests on blurbusters? i can KINDA see it on UFO on White background. Does Gsync not turn on when fullscreen in chrome? gpu acceleration turned on in chrome. gsync set to windowed and fullscreen mode.

Here is a still image i pulled from a 60fps video i took with my phone. Escape from Tarkov, Customs map with cloudy weather. Most noticable when looking at the sky.
Thought maybe it was just Tarkov @120fps, but it was also SEVERE @ 235fps in Visage. I'm sure ill notice it in every other game i look. It's ONLY certain shades that do it... its so weird. I'm going mad haha.
Attachments
5252.jpg
5252.jpg (800.97 KiB) Viewed 5089 times

Vleeswolf

Re: Ghosting ONLY with Gsync Enabled on freesync monitor

Post by Vleeswolf » 08 Jan 2021, 14:18

Did you try adjusting the monitor’s overdrive settings? This seems pretty extreme...

Rufussle

Re: Ghosting ONLY with Gsync Enabled on freesync monitor

Post by Rufussle » 09 Jan 2021, 00:49

Unfortunately the Overdrive settings become locked, grayed out, when turning on gsync/freesync. Crazy thing is that when i turn off gsync, i could not replicate this bad of ghosting on ANY overdrive setting... Already returned the monitor today for a full refund. And ordered a Odyssey G7 32'' directly from Samsung, they're sold out everywhere else. Hopefully it's the droid im looking for. Not looking forward to the insane curve, but o well. I'll give it a 15 day trial ;)