New monitor for MSFS

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
harpsi

New monitor for MSFS

Post by harpsi » 19 May 2021, 16:21

Hi

I am having some problems to choose a monitor for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

I had a lot of statements and it is getting really confused until now. HDR, HRR, VRR, G-Sync, G-Sync adapt, G-Sync compatible... and endless discussions which makes this process very confusing...

First, the specs and the needs:
1. I have i9-10900K with Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 OC 24GB
2. I would like to run MSFS in a 2K resolution (2560x1440), not so expensive, by Asus/LG/MSI if possible.

I would like to know if the following options are good for MSFS, and if not, why:
Asus TUF GAMING VG27AQ1A
Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A
Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ
LG 27GL850-B Ultragear
MSI Optix MAG274QRF

The game is always giving 20 to 60 frames depending on the area, if scenery is complex or not.

The problem is that none of these monitors are G-Sync native (these ones are expensive...) and their refresh rate start on 40 or 48 and not on 1. So, how to avoid tearing and stutters? I know there are some calculations for these monitors in order to avoid those problems.

Questions:
1) Can I buy one of those monitors? If not, I am waiting for more options. However we always have to take in account that monitors with RR starting in 1 are expensive and almost impossible to get in my country.
2) Which settings I have to choose in order to have a good performance and avoid stutters, tearing and other problems?

Thanks.