UF GAMING VG249Q 144Hz insane motion flickering/vibratin

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
karimshalapy

UF GAMING VG249Q 144Hz insane motion flickering/vibratin

Post by karimshalapy » 23 May 2021, 12:55

So, I bought this monitor and I had no problems gaming at all because my GPU was capable enough to run my games at high enough refresh rates to not notice any tearing.

When I started watching movies or videos anywhere I noticed insane flickering/ vibrating on the screen and it shows also on the "Variable refresh rate simulation", "Shutters and tearing", and "Compare frame rates: Video game motion" tests on the testufo website.
So, I went back to my games and limited them to have 30fps max, and the flickering/ vibrating is there too, and it's very noticeable...

Screen running FHD 144Hz on DP cable
G-sync enabled on full screen and windowed mode.
Vsync is on: "Use the 3D application setting"

Tried:
- disable/enable adaptive sync
- disable/enable vsync
- Use CRU to change the range of the free sync refresh rates.
- Use HDMI cable
- Change Trace Free numbers and taste
- Change screen refresh rate
- enable/disable ELMB
- enable/disable Vivid Pixels

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 6-core
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 SUPER
RAM: 16GB 3733 MHz

The question is: Is this normal? and if this is normal, can I avoid it somehow? even if there was a software or a setting that I'd toggle while watching movies or shows or whatever?

karimshalapy

Re: UF GAMING VG249Q 144Hz insane motion flickering/vibratin

Post by karimshalapy » 27 May 2021, 08:32

Anyone?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 28 May 2021, 08:45

No, it's not normal. No idea what causes it. Does it show up if you record a video of the screen with your phone?
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

karimshalapy

Post by karimshalapy » 29 May 2021, 08:02

RealNC wrote:
28 May 2021, 08:45
No, it's not normal. No idea what causes it. Does it show up if you record a video of the screen with your phone?
Kind of but not a lot, it's not something that you'd call noticeable, it's something that you'll react like "WTF is happening?" but on the phone camera, it's way less and might not be noticeable.
I have some videos but I don't know how to link them here, they're bigger than the size that I can upload as an attachment and I can't add an external link for some reason.
Another thing I noticed is that the lower the resolution goes the higher the magnitude is, meaning at 60fps I can notice some flicker but it's less than the 30fps one magnitude-wise