ViewSonic XG270Q - G-Sync Compatible - ALT-TABBING Issues

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Muzick

ViewSonic XG270Q - G-Sync Compatible - ALT-TABBING Issues

Post by Muzick » 26 Jul 2021, 16:09

My Rig
GPU: GTX1070

I recently switched from one G-Sync native monitor (Dell S2716DG) to three G-Sync compatible monitors (ViewSonic XG270Q). I did this because I wanted an IPS panel w/ 10bpc and to upgrade to 3 monitors. On the Dell alt-tabbing between a full screen game and my desktop was nearly instantaneous. Doing so on these three ViewSonic monitors typically takes 5-7 seconds & sometimes causes so much instability that it blue screens my computer and I have to restart. Playing in full screen with the ViewSonic monitors is now impossible. The obvious downside to playing in Windowed Borderless is decreased FPS and increased input lag.

Here are some of the steps I've taken to resolve this issue:
    Ensure Desktop, all three monitors and Games are running at 120hz (I chose 120hz because it's the only refresh that supports 10bpc on these ViewSonics)
      Power Profile is set to: Prefer Maximum Performance
        Installed latest ViewSonic drivers for windows.
          Downloaded the latest Nvidia Drivers
            Set Max FPS in Nvidia Control Panel to 120
              Set Desktop Color Profile in the Nvidia Control panel to Nvidia.

Until I can find a 3080 @ MSRP is there anything else I can do to help mitigate this problem?

Thank you all for your help!

RealNC
              Site Admin

Re: ViewSonic XG270Q - G-Sync Compatible - ALT-TABBING Issues

Post by RealNC » 13 Aug 2021, 04:03

Muzick wrote:
              26 Jul 2021, 16:09
              I recently switched from one G-Sync native monitor (Dell S2716DG) to three G-Sync compatible monitors (ViewSonic XG270Q). I did this because I wanted an IPS panel w/ 10bpc and to upgrade to 3 monitors. On the Dell alt-tabbing between a full screen game and my desktop was nearly instantaneous. Doing so on these three ViewSonic monitors typically takes 5-7 seconds & sometimes causes so much instability that it blue screens my computer and I have to restart.
              This is definitely not normal. Does it also happen if you only leave one monitor connected? Disconnect the other two, reboot, and try again. If this fixes it, then there's something wrong with multi-monitor handling either in the GPU driver or in Windows.
              SteamGitHubStack Overflow
              The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

xAD3r1ty

Re: ViewSonic XG270Q - G-Sync Compatible - ALT-TABBING Issues

Post by xAD3r1ty » 22 Aug 2021, 06:00

This happened to me, but i have the xg270, The problem was having my other monitor set in a "pc" resolution instead of the "tv" ones, if you set the others at 60hz (not the pc resolutions), it's fine and you can alt tab fine

I think the name on nvidia panel is Ultra HD, HD, SD resolutions and PC resolutions, you need to use the former