G-Sync Compatible Microstutters

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Jovianus

G-Sync Compatible Microstutters

Post by Jovianus » 29 Jul 2021, 15:42

Hello, so I have this daunting issue ever since I bought the LG UltraGear 27GL850-B Monitor, I've experienced microstutters in every game with fluctuating frames, in different games it varies on severity, i'll give Dead By Daylight as a scenario, the game has a cap of 60 and hardcap of 120, I run it at 97 (unlocked manually in game files) but run the display at 100hz, if the fps drops by 1, 2 or a couple it's not noticeable but if the frames tank hard by lets say 20-25 I'll have noticeable microstutter and this is practically any game I play. Is this normal behaviour for G-sync?

I tried running G-Sync + V-sync on/off with LLM to On/Ultra/Off, Using DDU on GPU drivers, W10 reinstall, swapping out DP cables and digging around in NVCP but all these did very little to help.

I'm starting to fear that the Monitor is the most likely culprit here.

Specs:
CPU: R7 2600X
GPU: RTX 2060
Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
RAM: 3200mhz 16GB 16CL
SSD: 1 TB + 500 GB
PSU: Corsair TX750M

Is there anything else I can possibly do before having to resort to actual hardware changes (which lets be honest I don't want to neither would anyone),

Thanks for any input

jombotski

Re: G-Sync Compatible Microstutters

Post by jombotski » 31 Jul 2021, 13:54

I think its normal for G-Sync compatible to have microstutters because there is no variable overdrive.I used to have aorus ad27qd and it was horrible when i had frame drops.Now i use G-sync native monitor and its really smooth.You need to buy G-sync native monitor and it will fix your problem.Also i am now using TN panel,which i also noticed to be better in motion handling when playing games than my previous IPS panel.

Jovianus

Re: G-Sync Compatible Microstutters

Post by Jovianus » 31 Jul 2021, 20:29

jombotski wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 13:54
I think its normal for G-Sync compatible to have microstutters because there is no variable overdrive.I used to have aorus ad27qd and it was horrible when i had frame drops.Now i use G-sync native monitor and its really smooth.You need to buy G-sync native monitor and it will fix your problem.Also i am now using TN panel,which i also noticed to be better in motion handling when playing games than my previous IPS panel.
Is there really no other option? like some additional settings to enable maybe? However I am planning to upgrade to a RX 6700 or 6700 XT soon so would changing over to an AMD GPU be a better option maybe because I don't want to dish out something like 700 for a Monitor just to get smooth gameplay when I can get a way more powerful GPU and this monitor is already FreeSync Premium too.