sleep mode turns off gsync

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
FlavioPlaza

sleep mode turns off gsync

Post by FlavioPlaza » 21 Sep 2021, 19:34

I will try to explain as best I can (English is not my main language). Basically, in the last few days, I've noticed a certain flicker on my monitor, as if the pixels are "moving". At first, I disabled Gsync and the problem was solved, but I wanted to find workarounds, and after MANY TESTING I found that this problem only happens if I enable windows sleep mode. Basically, when I get out of sleep mode and go into a game that's when my monitor get that flicker. If I shut down/restart windows it doesn't happen.

My question is: Are there any known issues related to sleep mode? Does this mode somehow cause a problem in Gsync that makes it impossible for it to work normally after reactivating windows?

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: sleep mode turns off gsync

Post by RealNC » 21 Sep 2021, 20:03

Don't know if it's a known problem, but what happens if you change the current desktop resolution in the nvidia panel and then switch it back again? Maybe it fixes the issue without having to reboot.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

MT_

Re: sleep mode turns off gsync

Post by MT_ » 22 Sep 2021, 08:46

On my LTSC 1809 build, windowed mode g-sync eventually stops working after a while. Prominently if the host has been taken over by microsoft remote desktop, but also potentially after a sleep state.

Not that G-sync windowed is any good anyhow, the frame pacing issues are horrible.
LTSC 21H2 Post-install Script
https://github.com/Marctraider/LiveScript-LTSC-21H2

System: MSI Z390 MEG Ace - 2080 Super (300W mod) - 9900K 5GHz Fixed Core (De-lid) - 32GB DDR3-3733-CL18 - Xonar Essence STX II